Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road bike purchase opinions wanted please
  • heresjonny
    Free Member

Okay so I have C2C at work to purchase a road bike ( to add to my collection) budget £700-800 actual purchase price.
    Bikes TREK 1.5 double 2009 £695 I can get 10% off LBS
    Boardman road bike team £799 Halfords
    Giant defy 2.5 LBS £675

I am inclind to get the bike with the better frame and improve running gear as and when I can afford it.
    The bike will mainly be used for 13 mile commute to work and the 3-4 triathlons a year depending how fit I feel.
    So any input experience of these bikes welcome especially the Boardman bike series.
    Thanks STW massive

MTT
    Free Member

You wouldn’t get a good ‘performance’ frameset for that entire budget so I’d be aiming at an entire package, Its hard to see past the boardman IMHO.

heresjonny
    Free Member

My worry is a YTS bike build at HALFORDS, but I guess he would’nt put his name to something if they did’nt deliver.

Guilliano
    Free Member

The Boardman will have the better Spec, but I’d go for the Giant as it’s a decent alloy frame and better kit than the Trek.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The Halfords pro cycling team use STD Boardman bikes like you can buy from the store with the only mods being the saddle usually. If the spec on the model you’re thinking of is ok then I think it would be a pretty good machine for the money.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road bike purchase opinions wanted please’ is closed to new replies.