Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Road bike nappy rash – SDG any good for the roads?
  • djen83
    Free Member

Ive used SDG Bel-air saddles for years on my mountain bike with no problems at all.

I have recently bought a road bike and have attached a SDG Bel-air saddle, and keep getting awful nappy rash. I’ve never seen a SDG on any other road bike before, and am a member of a large club…

I’m thinking of trying a more road orientated saddle (if they exist?) such as the a Selle Italia SLR, as they seem particularly popular.

Has anybody had a similar experience and are able to offer advice?

Cheers

Janesy
    Free Member

Nappy rash – You get it on mtb when you’ve raced for 11 hours.
    Its not the saddle its the amount of time your in the saddle. Chamois cream will fix the problem.

uplink
    Free Member

You may want to try some Assos cream until your backside gets used to sitting on it most of the day

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If you want something with a similar profile to the *Bel-air then I’d highly recommend a Specialized Romin. Prices vary BTW.

Not much to them but incredibly comfy. Spent 6 hours (94 miles) sat on mine yesterday with no problems at all.

Plenty of chamois cream will help to.

*I have these on my mountain bikes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get some barrier cream mate, it’s a life saver.

m1kea
    Free Member

Defo get some chammy cream – ASSOS ftw in my book.

As for saddles, they are a very personal thing and you may need to try various options as you’ll be spending a lot more time on your saddle when on the road.

I’ve used various Selle Italia saddles for years (the original Flite Ti is my all time fave) but couldn’t get on with the SLR.

You might want to try Spesh’s @rse-o-meter saddle guide. If nothing else it will give you an idea of your sit bones and associated dimensions.

clubber
    Free Member

If your road position is lower than that on your mtb (which it normally would be unless you’ve got a silly high roadie parachute position) then a relatively narrower saddle will often help – both front and back.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’ve got an SLR 135g saddle, it feels comfy enough for riding all day on and its very light!

gifferkev

After using bel-airs on MTB’s i tried an I-fly for the roadie, seems to suit me fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Road bike nappy rash – SDG any good for the roads?’ is closed to new replies.