Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road Bike Mudguard Spray
  • turboferret

I have mudguards on my TiCom which are great for keeping me dry

however I do notice a fair bit of spray being carried forwards from the tyre, made all the more obvious by the fact that I have a light mounted on the fork crown. At the weekend I thought I’d have a quick go at minimising this as cheaply and quickly as possible.

from the side

from the front

2 little bits of bar tape and some glue, and it seems to be completely solved 🙂

As you can see there is a bit of spray on the back of the tape, yet the front remains clear, as expected.

Cheers, Rich

STATO
    Free Member

I think it might be due to the fact youve got the guard quite high off the tyre at that point. If you could get it down to the same gap as the rest then you’d probably achieve the same thing?

Something brushing the tyre like your mod will still help tho.

turboferret

The guard is as close to the tyre as it’ll go unless I cut up the mounting bracket and modify it. Fully agree that having it closer would help, but this was a nice simple solution.

Cheers, Rich

MrNice
    Free Member

The guard is as close to the tyre as it’ll go unless I cut up the mounting bracket and modify it.

wouldn’t lengthening the stays serve to drop the front? (albeit at expense of bigger gap at the rear but I don’t think that’ll cause a problem)

STATO
    Free Member

wouldn’t lengthening the stays serve to drop the front? (albeit at expense of bigger gap at the rear but I don’t think that’ll cause a problem)

The difference in drop would be minimal, plus your assuming its enitrely rigid, they typically tend to have some flex/give to get the curve right (even on Alu guards like these).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road Bike Mudguard Spray’ is closed to new replies.