Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road Bike Loops
  • brassneck

Can anyone point me to any sites that host a few recommended road loops? Looking SW of Salisbury / north Dorset for 100Km plus circuit but be nice to have a basis to plan from – thanks!

curto80
    Free Member
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Ride with GPS is ace, just register and search for what distance ride you want to do in the area and it throws loads up.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Have a look at the Audax UK site – a lot of routes have gps files/directions.

jonba
    Free Member

Audax is a good shout. Also try typing the name of a town or area into google along with sportive. There are so many of the things there will be one nearby. Did a lovely ride in Scotland yesterday that I found this way.

The other option is strava. A bit less easy. But if you go to segment explore and pick on some segments in the area you want to ride you can look at the leaderboard, open up some rides and see where the locals are riding. Doing this at he weekend. Morning of a wedding, opened up the segment going past the BandB so will be following someone elses ride. Risk here is that they are some sadistic machine who hits all the worst bits of road as training!

brassneck

Nicely, thanks all. Strava is what I typically use, but never follow any loops.. I reckon there are some hidden gems in Cranbourne Chase area, Audaxers always know the best cake too.. but that Wiggle route is a great starting point too. I’ll probably just cut a map up rather than gpx it anyway.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

starva search, filter by distance

antigee

ridewithgps gets my vote plus strava heatmap

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road Bike Loops’ is closed to new replies.