Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Road bike for….
  • wors

…just riding. Not into racing or anything, I want to change my ageing alu giant.

For taking the long route home after work, getting the miles in etc. Was looking at Genesis equilibrium 20 , anything else you can recommend.

wors

anyone?

njee20
    Free Member

Budget?

wors

Around £1200 quid

iainc

in the recent £1000 test in Cycling Plus the Giant Defy 105 won hands down – worth a look – comfy frames too

njee20
    Free Member

Planet X? SRAM Red ones about that price.

Madone 3.5?

If you like the Giant, why not get a new one?

Test a few things, buy what you like!

smell_it
    Free Member

Both the genesis and the giant look fine well equiped bike; if your not racing or ‘owt then go for the one you like the most. I’d push my budget a bit, and get the cannondale caad 10 with 105 for about £1400, I think good alu’s pretty underated.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

I sugest you go shopping. Reading other peoples opinions is a poor subsitiute for having your own from test rides. If a shop does not do a proper test then try another shop.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

At that budget dare I mention Boardman, I have one albeit a few years old now, but it is very nice and ticks the boxes, did change the bar tape mind, as I like it quite squishy

TubsRacing
    Free Member

Love my Ribble New Sportive, the ability to customise the spec and the service I got when I had a little problem with it. But, the Van Nicholas Mistral Apex looks pretty sweet and its titanium to boot

wors

My boss has just bought a van Nicholas euros, I want to have a blast on that to see what the it is like, me being a bit larger than average.

saleem
    Free Member

I just sold a genius equilibrium and I have to say it really was a great bike, I’d have another.

wors

How come you got rid of the genesis saleem?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Road bike for….’ is closed to new replies.