Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Ro
  • Anonymous
    Free Member

i rather think the general consensus is that i shouldn’t be here. that’s fine, i can take a hint. but on my way out may i leave you with these parting thoughts…

everyone singing from the same hymn sheet is good, but it doesn’t make for a diverse or stimulating forum. humans thrive on diversity; it’s the basis for our evolution.

secure individuals have little difficulty in coping with opinions or perspectives other than their own, even when expressed in a manner they find ‘troll-like’. usually they simply shrug their shoulders and learn to cope. yelling ‘troll’ every time you come across an opinion you dislike is neither productive nor entertaining.

forums are meant to be informative and fun. if you’re only here to discover the weight of an xtr rear mech then you’re perhaps missing the point.

simon, i don’t know why you bother. i really don’t.

best wishes to you all. a little disappointment, but no hard feelings 🙂

ro.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

8O?????

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

have i missed something?

slugwash
    Free Member

No Ro don’t go!

Stoner
    Free Member

doubt it. Im pretty sure Im not going to miss Ro though.

hoohee?

Daffy

Don’t go ro, I enjoyed our debate on materials. I’m not being sarcastic either. Seriously mate stay.

*holds out hand*

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am not aware of having read a single one of your posts before this, so I don’t care.

In general though, people who flounce off in this fashion do so because of the refusal of the rest of the forum to accept that “half-assed abuse” is the same as “valuable diversity of opinion”.

nickc

Never understood the “I’m going, you’ll be sorry” post that some go in for when they flounce off in a huff…Makes them look, well, more than a little needy.

baldSpot
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Certainly wouldn’t have said you shouldn’t be here from anything I’ve read (you’ve provided valuable amusement in some cases). Probably not that sorry to see you go though if you are off, rather than just after some sympathy.

I’m assuming here that as seems likely given the tone of your post you’re hanging around long enough to read replies 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

(wanders in, oblivious to the fuss, munching an apple)

What’s going on?

aracer
    Free Member

Very interesting – looking at the links next to names you can not only see who’s left, but also who’s been banned (one member who appears to have wound ro up recently and contributed to this decision is!)

Even more bizarre with this new forum, when you have your account deleted, all your postings become anonymous!

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

Ro asked to have his account deleted. And now he is gone…

DezB
    Free Member

I guess, if you can be arsed, you’d have to search for bigyinn’s posts:

bigyinn – Blocked
    Im even more intolerant of idiots like ro in real life……

chewkw
    Free Member

Why you (as in Homer Simpson) …

D’oh! I don’t like to use the word Troll but then I used it once on this new forum … I am disappointed with myself for using that word to spoil good record breaking thread … that will learn me.

😥

Tom
    Free Member

I would point out that the forum tags are not immune to moderation and are currently among the most popular reasons for banning.

coffeeking
    Free Member

“a little disappointment” – yes, ro was.

Not entirely sure how, during a perfectly reasonable and open discussion, ro throwing in completely random and pathetic insults constitutes “productive and entertaining” as ro so obvisouly thought he/she was. Either way it’s no loss here. Had the same opinion and comments as other peole, but was more insulting – didnt really add much.

rOcKeTdOg

me me me me me 🙄

julianwilson
    Free Member

Is all this really just about that disc brake thread? Good lord!

DezB
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member
    (wanders in, oblivious to the fuss, munching an apple)
    What’s going on?

And I thought you didn’t want people to know who you were.. 😕

slugwash
    Free Member

Ro’ll On Ro’ll Off.

surfer
    Free Member

Maybe the heart rate thread where we both disagreed had some part to play, for which I was partly responsible.

Didnt really get heated but I was disapointed that a useful thread was ruined.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is all this really just about that disc brake thread? Good lord!

I doubt it, I’ve seen a few of ros posts which went along the lines of an insult machine with tourettes – “normal conversation…..normal conversation….insult…..insult…..normal conversation, me insulting? nah its you lot”.

DezB
    Free Member

I see he lives in Vietnam. So wasn’t here to arrange rides.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

simon, i don’t know why you bother. i really don’t.

because it’s great fun! You shouldn’t take offence at the knee-jerk critics, some people just need to flock together for mutual support :o)

aracer
    Free Member

Just in case anybody is interested, I happened to have ro’s profile page open when he got his account deleted and now have it saved, so you can go back and check where he posted.
    Ro’s profile
    (apologies for all the ads on that hosting site – and they’re not even paying Mark’s bills 🙁 )

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think he was using the forum to avoid his apparently stunning girlfriend with expensive tastes.

Thats an informative profile page!

miketually
    Free Member

Even more bizarre with this new forum, when you have your account deleted, all your postings become anonymous!

Still keeps the name on the list view as forum author though. Strange.

Fagus
    Free Member

Is there a poltergeist playing with the tags on this thread? One minute you see them, next minute they’ve changed. Spooky.

miketually
    Free Member

Is there a poltergeist playing with the tags on this thread? One minute you see them, next minute they’ve changed. Spooky.

Maybe read Tom’s post again?

aracer
    Free Member

See Tom’s post Fagus!

You even get to see how many seconds you were beaten by now – though I was busy making a linky (curious if it could be done, as the automated forum stuff doesn’t seem to link to individual posts – would be a nice addition – doh, just realised there is something you can click on to link, but would still be nice to jump directly to the user’s posts from their profile).

miketually
    Free Member

I just looked at ro’s contributions to the disk brake thread and agree with him (about braking). Oh dear.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just read a bit of that thread on brakes. ro didn’t seem to be a very nice person. He was actually quite nasty, tbh. I found his comments about ‘tubby’ people pretty rude. No need for that.

During my time in exile, I learned something. I actually got to meet several people off this forum, and found them to be really decent, kind and caring people. Ended up having a great time with them, on rides, having a laugh, getting drunk together. I’ve got quite close to some, and consider them friends. I certainly think my life has been enhanced, by being able to meet like-minded people, and have more fun.

So, I decided that being mean,and not treating people with respect, was not the way I wanted to continue. Maybe I just grew up a bit. By all means, have a laugh, have a bit of banter, have a (good natured) argument, but don’t sink to being nasty, personal and abusive. Because it could actually go against you in life.

Better to just try and get along. You’re probably not going to be best mates with everyone, but you might get on really well, with some.

As they say, Life’s too short.

STW Massive: ‘And so are you, RudeBoy!’)

Gits…

Rich
    Free Member

I’ve read a few of Ro’s posts and thought he was offensive, not funny or clever, just horrible.

Who was he on the previous forum?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have no idea who you, your name doesn’t register with me as someone with any remarkable contribution so you won’t be missed.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Ro’ is closed to new replies.