Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RM Slayer 2006 shock
  • spev

Right, I’ve got my grubby mitts on a 2006 slayer, it’s 200×57 shock (I think)’ if I get a rp3 ( or similar) does anyone know which tuning to get? Ta

RobHilton
    Free Member

No idea, but if you don’t have a shock/are definately gonna replace it I’d seriously consider sticking a coil on – those bikes are great descenders and a coil would make a noticable difference.

See here for info:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=445682

There are links to info on air shocks for the Slayer in this thread & probably other info elsewhere on the mtbr forum.

spev

Coil is an option but trying to keep the weight down, I think I can get my hnds on a van r the right size, I’ll try it out

kevin1911

Beware that there is very little clearance for a coil shock in the 06 frames. I have one and recently tried a mz roco r in it. It was very very tight, so tight in fact that I took it back off again. I’d recommend getting a rp3 pus&ed if you can. having mine done has transformed it from a sloppy spongy climber but mean descender into a superb all rounder.

K

spev

I’ll give tftunedshox a shout on Monday and see what they say, it’s got a float r on there now which needs the seals doing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RM Slayer 2006 shock’ is closed to new replies.