• This topic has 63 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Rize 1 carbon frame for sale
  • drewster007
    Free Member

It was not the staff at evans they where great and did all they could but to cut a long story short the combination of Cannondale europe and Evans head office have caused me to rethink A the bike i am riding and the shop i will buy the next one from!

But i would like to say the Staff in that shop are great!

drewster007
    Free Member

I think i am going to go for a Cove Hustler! if i can sell this for a descent figure.

drewster007
    Free Member

Or an Ellsworth Moment 3

MrNutt
    Free Member

drewster007
    Free Member

a bit heavy maybe

drewster007
    Free Member

Cool! thank you so now people know i am not talking shit!

MrNutt
    Free Member

yikes!**!

que?

drewster007
    Free Member

Que? what do you mean.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh they’ve changed the swear filter, rather than showing **** it now says ****

MrNutt
    Free Member

so this business with Cannondale europe and Evans head office? go on, long stories are the best kind!! 🙂

drewster007
    Free Member

Ok Here we go! On 12/11/2008 i picked up my “1st” Cannondale Rize after having my Rocky Mountain Slayer 90 (very pimped, Chris king XO, DT swiss etc) stolen 🙁

So i finaly convinced the wife to let me get a new bike 😆 So i did my research and decided on a Cannondale Moto1 , went in to the shop (evans) and asked to test ride one, they said they would sort it for me and a week later i had a ride and loved it.

So while i was in the shop ordering one i noticed they had a great deal as a one off on a Rize when i asked the guys in the shop the all said that it was an amazing bike and if they were me they would buy a Rize over a moto every time.

This through a spanner in the works so i went and did the usual research in the mags and website and decided that for the money it was a great deal and i would go for it, only issue was that i couldn’t find a test ride anywhere.

So i bought it, but due to work commitments i didn’t get to ride it for a couple of weeks! On the first ride out in the Peak i had ridden it about 6 miles offroad.

On getting home giving it a clean i discovered what looked like a crack on the junction of the head tube and the down tube!! The following morning (14/12/08) i took the bike in to Evans and they agreed that it looked like a crack and it needed replacing, But not by them as it was outside its 28 days. I was not very happy.

So it went back to Cannondale on the 15/12/08. After alot of phone call to Evans head office i found out that Cannondale had agreed to replace the frame but it was not going to happen before the new year! Not good seening as i had booked a biking holiday between crimbo and new year that was not going to happen without a bike and they were not willing to lend me one.

So the holiday was canceled and we lost our money, The head of Evans Cycles reaction to this was ” you are not ging to miss much as the weather is going to be crap”

I finaly got my bike back last week.

After Cannondale replaced the frame.

this is why i want to sell it!!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

feckme what a ballache!

I know its a large but what height would you say that suits?

wiiija
    Free Member

Shame its not a medium, might have considered it, not that I need it after finally getting my EX9 09 which is a beauty!

drewster007
    Free Member

i am 6-1 and i have got a 70mm stubby stem and it still feels a bit long and the BB is a bit high making the bike more scitish than my Slayer ( that i wanted to replace ) hence the other bikes i have mentioned, Any thoughts?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m 5.11 so I figure it’d be a bit of a gate for me 🙁

best of luck shifting it though and welcome to STW! 🙂

drewster007
    Free Member

Probably abit on the long side unless you are after a real ass up head down racing style, but it really isn’t that style of bike,

Thanks and all the best.

walleater

To be fair, the top tubes on Cannondale XC frames do seem to be around 38ft long for some reason…..

drewster007
    Free Member

Very true but this is marketed as an “all mountain bike” the swiss army knife of bikes! 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

nah I currenty ride a 16 Orange Subzero and I tend to be hanging off the back preying that I’ll make the next corner! 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s because you haz no skilz…

MrNutt
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member
    That’s because you haz no skilz…

oh dear captain halfords has been at the pop again! 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

oh dear captain halfords has been at the pop again!

Have you?

I currenty ride a 16 Orange Subzero

‘Ride’? Is that what you call falling off your Apollo a lot, then?

Dunno if my mate’s going to go for this, as I suspect it might be a little out of his price range. He just wants a bling bike to pose on, tbh, not to actually ride. He’s a fool.

Thanks for all the pics and that, though!

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Is this frame still available? Pics and a price guide please to sheppie_hill AT sky DOT com

DezB
    Free Member

Pics? I guess you just clicked the button to take you to the bottom! There’s some up there ^^

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Rize 1 carbon frame for sale’ is closed to new replies.