Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rivington – where do I park?
  • speaker2animals

As above, I bookmarked a website address for Lancs council with a ride guide but seems they have changed the site and I can’t find what I want.

Where do I head for to park, any routes?

zokes
    Free Member

A car park, of course! You never heard of a map?

speaker2animals

oh bugger – I asked for help again. Sorry to bother everyone!

SiB
    Free Member

I’ve heard there’s a few dogging car parks round there so if you get the ‘wrong’ car park you’ve got a good excuse if you’ve got your bike with you……

snowslave

If night riding, park at pubs…

dxb
    Free Member

there’s a car park on lever park ave (turning into) Rivington Ln, off the A673 Chorley New Lane allthough it got locked up early last time i went?
    or others seem to park up near ‘the barn’ try googling it 🙂

rivirider
    Free Member

park at white coppice, ride to rivi taking in healy nab as you pass it, there making a little trail there(not sure how far on it is yet).depending how far you want to go, head over winterhill past the masts in to belmont, pick up the bw, head towards abby villege and poss darwin moor, then you can ride back along a little river back to white coppice, nice round route with lots of options depending on how you feel.

neil_enty
    Free Member

Safest (& closest to the trails) car park is probably Rivington lower barn. Lots of people eating and passing though. There is also lots of parking on the road up to rivington top barn. This is also pretty safe – more so on weekends. And best of all its all FREE 🙂

as for the riding… pretty much all of the bridleways are good routes!! Head up to rivington pike then point downwards! Local knowledge is best so ask someone… that someone may just be me!

Enjoy and welcome to my back yard!

As for the dogging comments, it’s very true… and in my 20 yrs of Rivington riding I’ve rode past a pimp with his erm ‘colleague’ in another car with some old dude, I’ve seen many couples ‘meeting up’ – yeah we know that’s not your wife….

Sundays are busiest with the motorbikes all up there, the rest of the time park near the touristy places and it’s all good!

Junkyard
    Free Member

my e-mail in profile (and laso a local rivvy rider) as I have a saved copy of the LCC guides as PDF. Happy to meet up and show you round if you want.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rivington – where do I park?’ is closed to new replies.