Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rivington conditions
  • MartynS

Anyone been here in the last day or two.. Indeed anyone up there today??

Thinking about a little run round there tomorrow but if its under a lot of snow might do something else..

Ta.

sefton
    Free Member

not sure about snow – will be thick with ice -4 tonight in bolton

Junkyard
    Free Member

no snow round here but it will be icy possibly a dusting up there – out there tomorrow as well but its been dark when i have been home [ can see it from mu house but i am 4 miles away] so no actual experience but i would ride and expect a lot of ice and everything frozen and very little snow

simmy
    Free Member

I drove over Belmont Road earlier and there’s snow either side, not deep just a dusting but like has been said, ice is going to be the main issue.

Vortexracing

out there tomorrow

so are we, unless we decide to chicken out because it’s cold

BBBRRRR

MartynS

well.. risked it!

lower down was ok, some ice patches but nothing to bad, indeed quite nice to be on solid ground!.

I don’t know the area that well but we went out to Healy Nab then up, along and down to the lead mines. Then along a bit more to the bottom of the ice cream run. This is where the fun began.. its pretty much sheet ice. the bottom 100m or so was fine, the rest was quite bad!
    Went along the top road, which was also sheet ice. got so far and turned round, it was just getting silly. so dropped back down the cobbled track that’s sort of parallel to the ice cream run then back to the Barn..
    Guess its going to be a few weeks before that lot thaws!

diz

Thanks MartynS I was going to ride up there tomorrow but if its sheet ice I can’t see the point. Will head out local.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Was up there last night, above Georges Lane is frozen solid. Stream climb/descent is ACE! Dog kennels descent is froze and good too. Other side of the hill (Top of Coal Pit Rd) etc is very good froze solid with about an 50 mm of snow in many places making it grippy as. Its so good at the moment doing another night ride up there tomoz. Like any ride thats frozen, you will hit some ice somewhere, just remeber not to “nip up” and hit the brakes or steer, just roll over it. 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rivington conditions’ is closed to new replies.