Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rivi 3 Towers Cross Ride
  • traildog
    Free Member

Horwich CC are running their annual 3 Towers training ride. The 3 towers are (usually) Rivington, Peel and Turton. This ride is always run before the 3 peaks, making it ideal training if you are doing that event, or just a good social day out if you aren't. The ride will last about 6 hours so you will need to bring your own food and supplies. The pace is relaxed, everyone waits for the slowest and we make sure that no one is dropped or gets lost. Plenty of people don't do the full distance so if you are worried about time or your fitness, then it's easy to drop out, just make sure you inform someone before you do!

You can ride on either a cross bike or a mountain bike. Last year there were as many mountain bikes as cross bikes.

All welcome. Meeting is 10am at the Rivington Lower barn.

lowey

Is this on Sunday ?

neil853
    Free Member

has anyone got a map of this route? i can't make this sunday but would likle to do it in the future?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes this Sunday and Bugger as I am doing coast to coast weds and a little to close together for me or I would be attending.

NEIL Lowey has a route and IW ill be doing this sometime in near future 6-8 weeks

neil853
    Free Member

its one of the local routes i'd like to do

traildog
    Free Member

Sunday 13th. Sorry, how could I miss the date off?!!
    Junyard, you are welcome to turn up and just do one or two of the towers. Will be good training for your C2C…

Junkyard
    Free Member

mmmm tempting but I would either go very very slowly and hold you up or get my dander up and complete the whole bloody thing.

lowey

It transpires that I'm doing this ride also. Got an invite from someone else.

Neil you can find the routes here :-

http://www.dave-lowe.fotopic.net/c1364185.html

yoshimi

This is on my to-do list – I also like the sound of relaxed opace and not doing all of it if you can't – shame I'm already booked this weekend or would have been tempted – instead I'm being Rad with Faz in Wales 😈

trio25
    Free Member

Working sunday 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rivi 3 Towers Cross Ride’ is closed to new replies.