• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • River Findhorn (Issue 94)
  • molesworth

Wow. The article on riding along the [banks of the] River Findhorn has me actively planning a trip.

Any route details?

ton

i have cycled it from Dulsie to Drynachan Lodge, which was on a nice little lane.
    we the rode offroad up to the A9. it was pretty good if i remember, 1 deep ford to cross, then a rope chair which you sat in with your bike hanging over the side.
    was pretty nice day to be honest.

boxelder
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Someone on here reckoned it wouldn’t be very good a ride, allied to the fact that the article didn’t give much in the way of detail, or indeed a map, I’d reckon he was probably spot on.

bigjim

ooh might have to buy this issue. most beautiful river in the country, imho

devs
    Free Member

It’s shite. Go to wrexham. It’s much nicer there.

bainbrge

I’ll probably be persona non grata for saying this, but I was a bit surprised to see that footpath featured in that way in the magazine. Obviously being Scotland there are no restrictions on using the path, but in the area around Randolphs Leap you’d need to be extremely careful about pedestrians on the narrow and sometimes exposed paths.

On the other hand its not like a tourist honeypot in England, even at busy times it never feels overcrowded.

But, as devs says, it’s a dreadful place that isn’t worth visiting.

heckler73
    Free Member

I used to ride it every sunday when I stayed nearby in forres, it is a nice wee route and lucky if you come across many people the whole way..
    hmmmm I might just head over on the 1st for a wee blast…. 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

We’ve walked the route from Logie Steading to Randolph’s Leap and back a couple of times, and I’ve always wished I’d had my bike with me. We’ve always gone during the school holidays and it’s never been busy.

Sanny
    Free Member

Just don’t fall in on the exposed bits…… 😯

munded

I’ve walked a couple of sections of this, ridiculously pretty (not Wrexham pretty but not too shit). I’ve a friend in Forres and could easily get dropped off 20-40 miles south and spend a day or two, maybe bikepacking, getting back to Forres. Anyone got any suggestions for a drop off point, or even a gps route/logged ride?

MartynS

Heckler73….
    You might be able to help!!
    GFs parents live in rafford and we’ve been up with the bikes a few times but not found the best bits yet.

We’ve used the dava way to get to sluie walks and found a nice dh track in the woods. Also found some interesting bits at Dallas dhu.

Also went through the woods around pluscarden Abby and found a dh track and some other nice bits. However any advice would be very welcome

Ta
    Martyn

kcal

Like everywhere the more you look, the more you find. There are a heap of built and deer tracks in Monaughty woods (out back of Pluscarden Priory/Abbey).

Dallas Dhu and near by would likely be Sanquhar Woods (though there are some little tracks further afield by Dallas Dhu).

In the back of Afford there are a heap of paths in Altyre Woods but not so much of the singletrack variety. Would be best to take some cake or coffee into Stuarts Cycles and ask..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘River Findhorn (Issue 94)’ is closed to new replies.