Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ritchey pedals & shimano cleats ?
  • shinsplints

Anyone know if these :http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12002

will work with shimano cleats ???

hazeii
    Free Member

Don’t know about those particular pedals, but I have some older Richey pedals with a similar-looking mechanism and they definitely *don’t* work well with Shimano cleats (vague or impossible to engage, and if they do engage I’ve fallen because they wouldn’t release).

clwydrider
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve got both Ritchey and Shimano pedals and 3 pairs of shoes, to be honest I’ve forgoten which shoes have which cleats

druidh
    Free Member

Shimano pedals will work with either cleat. Ritchey pedals only work with their own. Nice pedals the Ritcheys, I’ve had three sets (including those Comp V4s). But beware – when they need servicing (after a year or so in my case) Ritchey want you to send them to an authorised agent, at your cost. I’ll not be buying them again.

shinsplints

Hmmmmm – mixed opinions there fellas.I’ve ordered them but the chain reaction listing didn’t mention owt about coming with cleats.

@druidh
    – I think for the £24.99 that they cost I will be consigning them to the bin after 12 months if they need costly servicing !

smiffy

I’ve used Richie pedals with Shimano cleats no problem, the main issue with Richie pedals is the very poor bearings compared to VP or Shimano etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ritchey pedals & shimano cleats ?’ is closed to new replies.