Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ritchey Megabite 38c on!
  • tang
    Free Member

Just got sent these from Ritchey for a week in Wales extending my CX’s uses (low gears, bit o luggage). 410g, tubeless a treat and looking grippy like the old ones. Will report back.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I do love your bike Tang 🙂
    Do they make those slightly bigger per chance? 42-44…?

jonnyboi

Tang, see you’ve got XT mech, mtb cassette and road shifters, that’s not supposed to work according to shimano… how did you do it?

rOcKeTdOg

Goat link or similar by the looks of it

jonnyboi

Goat link doesn’t explain the supposed difference in pull ratio

tang
    Free Member

Wolftooth tanpan (inline version) and road link alow me to run a xt clutch mech off ultegra shifters.
    PP I don’t think so. I do have some vee tyre rails in 45 that are good, but this tred is ace. Maxxis ravager is another tyre I’ve got coming @40c supposedly a gravel tyre for those who like single track!
    The route I have planned is a bit damp and boggy as well as climby so the aggressive tred and clearance will be welcome.

tthew

Weeds between flags and wall.
    Cranks not horizontal.
    Bloody massive file size pictures which take ages to load.

Standards. 😀

burko73

Had those in the red/ orange with skin walls on my old clockwork. Great tyre. Be great in 42c though those look like they measure up well size wise.

chunkyhugo
    Free Member

tang, how did you find the tyres performance wise? I’ve been very disappointed – not tight enough on the rim causing slow air leaks and a paper thin casing that has proved extremely vulnerable to tears. Shame because they have a great tread and at 38c the max I can use in my frame.

P20

Another one interested in how you’re getting on with these. I loved the old mtb tyre BITD.

gee
    Free Member

What are the sidewalls like? Currently running Victoria TNTs as those are the only ones that seem to be able to cope with full on rocks rather than a grassy field.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hated those back in the day. Still got the scars. Better on gravel I’d imagine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ritchey Megabite 38c on!’ is closed to new replies.