Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RIP TEAMROCK
  • kimbers

thought my dab had retuned itself yesterday, now realised its off air !!

id have put up with some ads just for a bit of metal on the airwaves!

househusband

Yup. Couldn’t stump up the odd million or so for the DAB licence.

I’m gutted too… 😥

righog
    Free Member

It’s off DAB but still online and you can use it on mobiles with the App.

It’s still brilliant. Apparently 1 Million a year for DAB and that’s not gonna work without ads. I am going to try and stick with them although the DAB was great in the car.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yes but i got right **** off with all the other internet only radio apps being buggy as ****

Thats why i bought dabs.

Shame.

Back to planet rock.

hatter

Dammmit! I bought a Denon DAB stack for my Hi-fi pretty much just for TeamRock, at least I have’nt splashed out on upgrading the van stereo along the same lines just yet.

Planet Rock is there… but it’s a very poor substitute, loved Team Rock, even the DJ’s were a decent enough bunch who seemed to keep the tune-yammer ration decently high.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Planet Rock is there… but it’s a very poor substitute, loved Team Rock, even the DJ’s were a decent enough bunch who seemed to keep the tune-yammer ration decently high.”

agreee – and thats why i swapped….

i also liked absolute classic rock… but alas planet rock is the only one that survives… shame as they like to play the same songs day in day out 🙁

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

i also liked absolute classic rock… but alas planet rock is the only one that survives… shame as they like to play the same songs day in day out

Yep quite depressing

Think I need to get a cable to leave in the car so I can stream via the phone, which will no doubt be crap

porlus
    Free Member

Gutted its gone from DAB. Loved the first tune on the drive to work lottery. Usually got something nice and rocking, like Slayer or Pantera. Trying planet rock at the moment, but looking like its going to be mps’s from now on.

jakevrs
    Free Member

I nearly threw the workshop radio away this morning. No what’ll we do. Agreed that Planet Rock is a poor substitute, cheap android tablet and small speaker set up PSA anyone?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, I’ve been listening to the streamed broadcasts a fair bit over the last week and can report that;

1) Streaming in the car is OKish, but inevitably drops every now and again
    2) Can’t stream in the office with any success 😥
    3) Audio quality is really rather crap 😥

lovewookie

I dug out an old android phone that I had in the drawer, cracked screen and clunky. upgraded from Gingerbread to 4.0.4 so I can run the app. Installed radioplayer, hoocked up to a set of desktop speakers and its back, my fave kitchen tunes.

Kuco

This explains why I couldn’t get it yesterday 🙁

ricardo666
    Free Member

After buying a dab radio a few years ago for the rock stations.

I’m currently having a crack at this !
    http://www.bobrathbone.com/raspberrypi_radio.htm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RIP TEAMROCK’ is closed to new replies.