Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • RIP Sir Bobby Robson
  • Tango-Man
    Free Member

Sadly passed away

RIP

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats a shame seemed to be a decent man

warton
    Free Member

RIP.
    A true Gent is ever there was one

pcb
    Free Member

Nothing on the news sites yet?

Tango-Man
    Free Member

You think I would make it up?

It is on Sky Sports News

njee20
    Free Member

On BBC now. Sad.

pcb
    Free Member

Yes I do, because I know you so well!

Get a grip.

RIP Bobby, a true gent in a sport full of fools.

jimmy

Sad news. At least he got to see the England v Germany old boys match in his honour last weekend.

theflatboy
    Free Member

just seen this. 🙁 indeed

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ahh well, another one gone – he had a good and full life so can't complain.

Not as sad as all those young Scots footballers (forget which team) who all died in separate incidents under the age of 40 – heart attacks and the like. I think four different deaths.

Here it is…

Haze

Rip Bobby, the best England manager in my time 🙁

G
    Free Member

A great man in the truest sense of the words.

willard

Oh no! That is a really big loss to football.

A great man if ever there was one. Rest in peace.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Very sad news indeed.

swoosh
    Free Member

Strange isn't it? How so many people on here call footballers a load of overpaid and underbrained useless twunts but as soon as someone dies it's all how he was a nice chap and will be missed. Yes it's sad and yes he may have been a nice bloke, but for a group of people who consistently belittle the achievements of footballers, don't you all think this is a bit hypocritical?

People die of cancer each and every day and most dont get to see the age of 79. in the last 6 months i have lost 3 people to cancer all under 50, does that make the news? does it heck as like. It really grates with me how just cos people are in the public eye, we should all grieve for them a little bit more. what a load of tosh! if you care that much, instead of buying a new top you dont need or some of the latest innovation in tyres that you dont need, give that money to charity and see if we can beat this god awful condition so that good people dont need to lose their lives.

Sorry to rant, but i'm hurting and things like this dont help. I do feel for Robson's family, I really do, but honestly guys, if the match haddnt been advertised in the ad breaks of the tour would you know it had happened and would you have even remembered he had cancer? Probably not, i know i didnt.

Stoner
    Free Member

STW is not hypocritical, it's multi faceted.
    STW is 1,000s of people swoosh.

Some like football, some dont.

This thread is clearly for those that do. Those that dont are hardly going to come into an RIP thread and crow are they? Not liking football is not synonymous with being an a***hole.

BoardinBob

While I agree with your sentiment Swoosh, I suggest you do a bit of research before posting and learn about the work Bobby Robson was doing to raise money for his cancer charity before coming out with comments like "if you care that much, instead of buying a new top you dont need or some of the latest innovation in tyres that you dont need, give that money to charity and see if we can beat this god awful condition so that good people dont need to lose their lives."

The man suffered with dignity and battled cancer for the last 15 years.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Sorry for your losses swoosh, it has obviously been a really hard time for you.

We're not grieving more for people in the public eye, of course not. But you can spare a thought for them at the same time. And yes, I do care, and I do donate.

And yes,a lot of footballers are overpaid twunts, but Bobby Robson was not one of them.

maxray
    Free Member

I may not have known Bobby Robson personally but he has been in and around my interest in football since I was a nipper so of course I am going to be sad he has gone.

Sorry for your loss Swoosh but I dont actually know and have never heard of your friends there for I could not feel sad that they have passed.

BlingBling
    Free Member

RIP in peace Bob!

Swoosh, pull yourself together man ffs

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sorry to rant, but i'm hurting and things like this dont help.

I, like you, have lost someone very close to me (my father, in January, didn't get to see my two newborn twins being born two months ago) so I can totally understand your anger and frustration but still, people in the public eye and those that are respected, are going to be discussed and thoughts be with them. I am sure if you had posted about YOUR losses, there would have been equal sympathy for you. I know there was when I posted about losing dad in January.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Colleagues of mine worked closely with Sir Bobby on his charity Bobby Robson Foundation. They have had nothing but praise for him. A sad day indeed.

G
    Free Member

Swoosh : You are so far out of f***ing order as to be untrue.
    No. 1) Do you think you are the only person to have suffered losses in that way?
    No. 2) One example I know of personally with Sir Bob. His first cancer was of the sinuses. This lead to massive reconstructive surgery on his face, as much of the bone had to be removed. A friend of mine had the same cancer, and was facing the same issues. He was deeply depressed and giving up. His oncologist was the same guy who treated Sir Bob, so Bob was contacted, and he then wrote to my mate, and kept in touch with him throughout his treatment.
    No. 3) Sir Bob is one of those people who has never forgotten his roots. He has always had time for the ordinary folk and has always been a gentleman.

Tough on you, fair enough, but stop lashing out at others who don't deserve it. Personally my family and I are still raising money for the Orchid Cancer charity. We also buy tyres and shirts.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

All – don't gang up on Swoosh FFS – he has suffered his own losses and is hurting.

The last thing he needs now is gang-hate from you lot – show him the same sympathy you are showing Sir Bob and grow up.

warton
    Free Member

Lets not forget that he has raised millions for his cancer charity.

4 DAYS AGO he was at St James Park, walking on the pitch raising even more money for Charity, he would of been in pain, tired and weak, but he still did it with a smile on his face. The man deserves to be remembered as a absolute hero.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The list of gentlemen in football grows shorter by the year and is a whole lot shorter today. Some of you could maybe take a leaf out of his book.

DudleyPoyson
    Free Member

Bobby Robson always came across as a nice chap, one of the 'old school' managers who didn't feel the need to get involved in the gamesmanship that the newer breed seem to

a sad day indeed, but he will be remembered fondly by millions

ken_shields
    Free Member

Agree with the above…having lost both my parents to the big c and it's crap but having a go at everybody else for voicing an opinion about some one in the public eye is out of order

As an aside……in light on recent complaints about the title of tour de france threads ruining peoples viewing of the race can we extend this idea to all threads so rather than have "RIP Sir Bobby Robson" as the title could we have "Bobby Robson Alive – Spoiler" so the sensetive souls on here don't get upset…..it's just an idea 😉

IGMC

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘RIP Sir Bobby Robson’ is closed to new replies.