Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 174 total)
  • Rip Rangers
  • althepal

Like them or hate them (or come from Manchester, it’s apparently the same)it’s the club I’ve supported since I was a boy- I feel the fine and player embargo will be the death of the club. Doubt any bidders will be interested now, guessing Ally will have to pull on a jersey after the summer cos I’m not sure we’ll even have a team after everyone walks.
    Woohoo! Craig Whyte banned from Scottish football for life- not like he was ever gonna show his face in any stadium never mind Ibrox..
    SFA have almost certainly killed us off I reckon.

althepal

(waits for the inevitable..)

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I’m a sherman tank so don’t understand all of this but aren’t Rangers the equivalent of Stoke or Wolves?

druidh
    Free Member

D&P have 3 days to appeal – which they will have to do. All bidding will surely be suspended pending the outcome of that. Despite the “fix” to allow them back into the SPL, a makeshift team of 18-year olds isn’t gonna be able to hack it, so a drop into the 3rd Division actually looks like a good idea. That being the case, it’s as well to go straight to liquidation.

bruk

Well can understand the transfer embargo. You haven’t paid fully for some of the players you have bought and owe money to Dundee United and Hearts for starters. Players that you then used to help beat those teams.

Either give them the players back or pay for them.

althepal

Unsure of the reference random, prob will be though after this..
    Druidh- lol.. Fek knows.

althepal

What now? Not paid for players?? You mean where there’s staggered payment terms but nowts getting paid cos of administration?? Accept we still owe gate receipts but wasn’t aware of players we haven’t paid for?
    Better and better..

bruk

Sorry apparently the United one has been resolved but Romanov is gunning for his money. Needs it to fail to pay his players on time himself.

seosamh77
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Some people less upset than others…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnjzOpdc1x0[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5K_uBJPyxw[/video]

druidh
    Free Member

Genuine LOLs – but Not Safe For “Work”
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8x_59EjZOs[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

outstanding druidh! hahhahaha 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3_hyBbvFZI[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Very funny but needs a NSFW worning Druidh

seosamh77
    Free Member

althepal

Ahh, there we go.. Took
    Long enough. Fuds.

andyruss
    Free Member

Funny how all the clubs desprate for the gate money rangers games bring to their clubs are baying for their blood. When rangers go to the 3 division were are they going to get money then. TV companies only invest in the SPL so they can cover the old firm games. No other club in Scotland will fill the void left and the league will become even more of a joke. The scottish team will also suffer, with a weakend league to selec t from. Seems the SFA are trying to break the old firm monopoly.ehen ranngers.return to the SPL l am sure they who kick them when they were down. Celtic fans are having a good laugh and quite right but when the dust settles three years of playing the likes of Ross county,St johnstone, dundee utd etc etc not going to excite anyone other than the 2/3 thousand home fans.

andyruss
    Free Member

Funny how all the clubs desprate for the gate money rangers games bring to their clubs are baying for their blood. When rangers go to the 3 division were are they going to get money then. TV companies only invest in the SPL so they can cover the old firm games. No other club in Scotland will fill the void left and the league will become even more of a joke. The scottish team will also suffer, with a weakend league to selec t from. Seems the SFA are trying to break the old firm monopoly.ehen ranngers.return to the SPL l am sure they who kick them when they were down. Celtic fans are having a good laugh and quite right but when the dust settles three years of playing the likes of Ross county,St johnstone, dundee utd etc etc not going to excite anyone other than the 2/3 thousand home fans.

andyruss
    Free Member

Tried to edit mistakes but left it to late. Small tablet and sausage fingers 😳

Brycey
    Free Member

So good he posted it twice.

Brycey
    Free Member

😀

wrecker
    Free Member

One thing I don’t fully understand; why would you fine a club in administration?
    I get all of the other punishments but taking money from a club without any is a shitty thing to do IMHO.

Blackhound

Surely the thing is that Rangers have been braking rules for years and going on to win titles. Celtic meanwhile, I understand, have been fiscally better run and not done so well. Ranger’s need to be punished but what is fair?

The SFA have played fair by putting the fine and ban in place now so that bidders for the club know in advance. I believe it would have been worse if the club was taken over by another party and THEN the fine and transfer ban were put in place.

SFA are in a tricky situation. They know as well as anybody a strong Old-Firm is good for competition and gate receipts for all clubs. On the other hand they can’t let a club flount rules and not pay tax over many years. So if we ran the SFA what is a fair punishment? Or should they just be let off and told not to do it again?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t think the fine really matters, plus they’ve 12 months to pay it.

Point is, and i’m surprised, that rangers are getting fairly punished for their actions.

And we’ve still got the issue of double contracts for the last 10 years(and more), tbh if found guilty of that, and taking into consideration what’s happening in the swiss league, well, only option for the SFA/SPL must surely be to kick them out of the league and strip them of any titles during that period?

ditch_jockey

They know as well as anybody a strong Old-Firm is good for competition and gate receipts for all clubs

Thing is, before rangers went on their David Murray inspired spending spree during Graham Souness’ time, Scottish football was in a much stronger position in terms of having a number of teams who could compete domestically and in Europe, and the Scottish international squad was much stronger as well. Rangers have now been shown to have fraudulently inflated the strength of their squad, which triggered an ‘arms race’ in terms of clubs trying to keep on level terms, which pushed Celtic to the brink financially and weakened Scottish football, perhaps to a point that is unrecoverable.

Rangers were undoubtedly going through a slump at the time which needed some response, but if it had been done in an economically sustainable fashion, it’s likely that Scottish football as a whole would be in a far better position now, with several strong teams vying for domestic honours, and continuing to develop a reasonable pool of young talent to provide the backbone of domestic teams.

Craig Whyte is clearly a tossbag of the highest order, but I think David Murray’s role in all this warrants considerably more investigation.

Garry_Lager

[worried]They can’t start again in the English conference north can they?[/worried]

Sympathies in any case Althepal. You grow up supporting a club, going the game with your Dad, and it’s in your blood whether you like it or not.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Rangers have now been shown to have fraudulently inflated the strength of their squad

No they haven’t.

ditch_jockey

No they haven’t.

Just so you know, outside the Ibrox Unreality Bubble, panto season’s been over for a few months now.

seosamh77
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member
    Rangers have now been shown to have fraudulently inflated the strength of their squad
    No they haven’t

:mrgreen: move along, nothing to see!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Since when is it acceptable to post videos that have sectarian slurs in them?

Leave that shite off of singletrack rather than turning it into every other website and forum where there are ‘debates’ about Scottish football.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Haven’t watched them all Omar Little, but I didn’t see anything particularly sectarian? Lots of schadenfreude and some coarse language, but nothing to get upset about.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Rangers: soon to be joined by Portsmouth football club in the annals of history.

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

The “H” word is unacceptable – its a sectarian insult. http://nilbymouth.org/history/

Please remove the references to it.

irc

@ althepal

Accept we still owe gate receipts but wasn’t aware of players we haven’t paid for?

It seems Rangers sold Jelavic at a profit but still haven’t paid apid Vienna in full.

Rangers sold top scorer Nikica Jelavic to Everton for £5.5million just as the transfer window was about to close on Jan 31.

That piece of business was necessary due to the club’s cash flow problems but, ironically, Rangers still owe money for the Croat.

Jelavic was signed from Rapid Vienna in 2010 but it emerged last night that the final payment, believed to be in the region of £1.2million, has still to be paid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9082700/Rangers-in-adminstration-SPL-clubs-to-carry-cost-of-Ibrox-crisis.html

seosamh77
    Free Member

wheeleeneelee – Member
    The “H” word is unacceptable – its a sectarian insult. http://nilbymouth.org/history/

Please remove the references to it.youse get awfy upset in your auld age, youse used to refer to yourselves as ‘huns’ in the 80’s and 90’s..

Garry_Lager

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rDZLIaFVUPE[/video]

deid at this :mrgreen:

seosamh77
    Free Member

whatnobeer
    Free Member

seosamh77, lets not turn this into a circular debate about what terms the teams call each other. It’ll go nowhere.

Rangers owe money for players, but these were staggered payments that would of been made had it not been for admin. Thats all Whytes fault and nothing to do with buying players etc. They also haven’t been found guilty of anything to do with dual contracts or EBTs. All this financial doping stuff is crap.

seosamh77
    Free Member

seosamh77, lets not turn this into a circular debate about what terms the teams call each other. It’ll go nowhere.

Rangers owe money for players, but these were staggered payments that would of been made had it not been for admin. Thats all Whytes fault and nothing to do with buying players etc. They also haven’t been found guilty of anything to do with dual contracts or EBTs. All this financial doping stuff is crap.Fair enough, it’s not sectarian though, simply a pet name used by everyone! I’ll leave it at that.

Back on topic, you have admitted using EBT’s. That is not disputed, these weren’t registered with the SFA/SPL, that equals financial doping, all that is left is to dish out your punishment, regardless if the EBTs are found to be illegal in law/tax regulations, dual contract are illegal within SPL/SFA regulations.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘Rip Rangers’ is closed to new replies.