Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • RIP radio 5 live
  • wormhole

I have always enjoyed listening to 5 live in the car on the way home, now Richard Bacon is on!!!! does he in fact have to be the most annoying peron on the radio? weak interviewer, purile annoying little co£k..imho of course.

if not him who is the most annoying person on the radio?

Houns

Fearne Cotton, Jo Whiney, Lauren Laverne, Scott Mills (well mainly for the sports reporter who drones on about football)

Pigface
    Free Member

Bacon is just awful only outdone by the two Irish **** they allow to broadcast Alan Green and Steven Nolan.

higthepig
    Free Member

wormhole,

Agree totally, just can bring myself to switch to Radio2 to carry on listening to Simon Mayo though, now have to do without.

(Radio 2 = middle age, cardigans, slippers etc) but then that is what I think and I'm always wrong……….

Ed2001
    Free Member

Yes 5live has gone downhill since Mayo left, Bacon is utterly useless.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Completely agree. I've now made the permanent switch to Radio 4 and only listen to 5live for the Danny Baker show or football (so long as Alan Green of Steve Claridge aren't involved). Mayo's show was one of the best things broadcast on TV or radio.

mefty
    Free Member

Simon Mayo was excellent on R5 really intelligent, Richard Bacon is a smug and awful, he is a complete – well lets put this way I know what he is, just don't which hand he uses.

Edric64
    Free Member

It could be worse ,have you ever heard Alan Brazil go on for hours ,it should just be called talk football

audiophile
    Free Member

Oh come on, how come nobody has mentioned Westwood yet. Utter toilet.

yetiguy
    Free Member

was an avid R5 listener, started listening to radio 4 a lot more.

Thought it was just me getting older?

Valleyboy
    Free Member

Simon Mayo is shite, him and that crap film reviewer with their childish nick names for each other, what a pile of childish poo, 6th form humour bllcks

I agree with the comments re Alan Green can't stand listening to him

Not fussed on Nicky Campbell much either, i suppose i should find a new station

I do however like Danny Baker v amusing and Gab Marcoti (spelling ?) Italian football critic v insightful

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Anyone else see Bellamys people? When I listen to Richard Bacon he reminds me of fictional DJ Bellamy,much prefered listening to Mayo

lister

Funny innit, I like Nicky Campbell and Alan Green. Can't stand Danny Baker on a Sat morning, it's unlistenable, especially the sycophantic woman who reads the texts.

A Gabriel Marcotti (sp?) needs shooting, I don't listen to anyone with an american accent when it comes to football…he's shocking.

I though Bacon's first week was ok, then it all went downhill.

stanfree
    Free Member

I listen to Talk Sport at work and by far the worst presenter on it is the scouse guy that is on with Andy Townsend who is truly awfull. Only to be outdone by The Irish lad "Tommy Smyth" who appears on ESPN . He is an absolute knob and easily the most annoying Sports presenter on Tv.

Cletus

Nicky Campbell stopped me listening to 5 in the morning. Just find him totally irritating particularly when he is trying to be a heavyweight interviewer. Used to like Mayo and thought he did a lot of innovative stuff. I listen to R7 quite a bit now – isolates me from the news a bit though.

m0nster2
    Free Member

Pet subject of mine..
    Bloomin' sanctimonious, smug, condescending, self righteous Nicky Campbell always succeeded in triggering my irrational hatred button I'm afraid.

But then there's…
    Jo Whiley for her sucking up to the slebs.
    Edith Bowman and her whiny "chooon" voice.
    Colin Murray (see Nicky's virtues)
    Simon Mayo… ditto.

In fact….This is quite cathartic.
    I'm realising it's the smug ones I'm not, er, keen on.

(On the other hand: Lauren Laverne, even Chris Evans and, yes, Westwooood can all apparently have a giggle at themselves)

R4, local 'pirate', 6 music and iPod all the way these days for me.

Each to their own, eh?
    🙂

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Can't stand Steve Wright, Jo whiley,possibly worse. Alan Green is a grade pr!ck….let's criticise the ref ,blah blah blah. John Humphries is beginning to annoy me…The list goes on.
    Listen to Radio 4 more than owt else these days.It's me age.

bruk

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Chris Moyles yet. The every sound of his voice grates and has me reaching for the retune button.

Agree re Nicky Campbell, seems most of the media presenters are sensationalist misinterpreting tw**s.

Even worse is Charlie Staydt (?sp) on BBC news in the morning. Watched him totally misunderstand the guy from Toyota talking about the Prius brake issues and claim that merely going over a speedbump could cause the brakes to fail. Ar**hole.

ken_shields
    Free Member

radcliffe and maconie on R2 at 8……best show on the radio….fact

Pigface
    Free Member

Ken FAIL 😉 drop the panto monkey Maconie and you would be on the money.

Spongebob
    Free Member

How did Vanessa Feltz on Radio London get omitted from this list? Takes the top spot for most annoying radio presenter of all time IMHO.

jabbathehut
    Free Member

IMO Every one of those smug anoying Radio 1 presenters. They are not 14 but try sooooo hard to sound like they are. And please tell me why that bellend Scott Mills has to say "off of" when he is referring to where people come from. I know its a small point but its amazing how much it makes my piss boil. Brian off of halifax, really….fooking really aaarrrggghhhh

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

@ pigface & Ken_shields,I've been listening to Radcliffe for years from way back when he did that "out on blue six" on radio 5.I think mccconie is the worst co-host he's ever had.His show was far better when he was on his own 10-midnight,and imho it always improves when Mcconie is away.Mcconie always comes across as wet & foppish

mike_check
    Free Member

stanfree – Member

I listen to Talk Sport at work and by far the worst presenter on it is the scouse guy that is on with Andy Townsend who is truly awfull. Only to be outdone by The Irish lad "Tommy Smyth" who appears on ESPN . He is an absolute knob and easily the most annoying Sports presenter on Tv.

Mike Parry, comes out with some of the most ridiculous shite imaginable! He knows it though and is happy to play that role, I find him funny at times, especially when other presenters and callers are ripping into him!

But yep, complete numpty really!

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Many of those mentioned above i dislike, but Steve Claridge on 5 live as a football pudit – its the hysterical booming southern 'Powrts-maffff' accent that does my 'kin head in.

BigJohn

Thank goodness it's not just me who finds Bacon awful. Except for the weather and traffic jocks on his show, who subtly undermine him.

He is such a shallow, self obsessed piece of smug. Every guest "was really nice" he doesn't have a critical faculty and … grrr, I can't even be bothered to continue.

The only thing I have heard him criticise was the charity single for Haiti.

I like the way Gabby Logan rips the piss out of him. I'd quite like it if she ripped something else out of me though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Radio 4 is where it's at, the plays are great the recent series with Lenny Henry playing the Police Chaplin was good, although work got in the way of listening to it's conclusion.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘RIP radio 5 live’ is closed to new replies.