Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RIP Piper Bill
  • Sonor
    Free Member

Millin was surprised not to have been shot, and he mentioned this to some Germans who had been taken prisoner.

They said that they had not shot at him because they thought he had gone off his head.

cupra
    Free Member

heard that in the news yesterday. Lovat was something else as well.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Amazing how the Germans chose not to shoot the cameraman either….. if I didn't know better I might have thought it had been staged…..

No issue with Piper Bill, but personally I choose RIP Geoff Bacon

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They said that they had not shot at him because they thought he had gone off his head.

Yeah that's right, the Germans wouldn't shoot anyone who they thought might be mad. The Third Reich was well known for it's deep compassion towards the mentally ill.

And I can't see what Geoff Bacon has to do with this story. What Bill Millin did was without doubt, an immensely courageous act. A courageous act which must have had massive morale boosting consequences at a pinnacle and rather grim moment during WW2. Geoff Bacon was a chauffeur during WW2 who was tragically murdered under appalling circumstances. I can't see any connection between the two stories.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RIP Piper Bill’ is closed to new replies.