Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Rip-off?
  • superfinlay
    Free Member

I know I’m Scottish and a tenner’s no longer a lot of money but Edinburgh Bike charged me £10 for 10 plastic gear cable ferrules today……is this the going rate?

I was expecting 10p each or even a “here you go mate, we’ve got 1,000’s of these”.

eskay

You shouldn’t have bought them from a scotsman!

Sounds steep to me though.

scotroutes
    jock-muttley

Halfrauds is about £3-4 for a pack of ten

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Seems very dear to me too and I’m not Scottish.

simondbarnes

Proper Shimano ones with the rubber seal? They’re 99p each.

project
    Free Member

15%off this weekend at EBC

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’m guessing he was Scottish too,…. therein lies your answer

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Shimano with seals are £1.00 ea

trail_rat
    Free Member

Alex , should ave said . I keep. Good stock of those in the garage.

Did you get a replacement brake hose ?

jonba
    Free Member

I was expecting 10p each or even a “here you go mate, we’ve got 1,000’s of these”.

Why do people always expect bike shops to give stuff away for free. It is a myth unless you are a regular customer buying all your bikes there and have a good relationship.

If you’d have asked he wouldn’t have let you borrow his tools either.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Probably because many of them read things like ‘you should be able to get it for this amount’ and ‘haggle for a good price from your lbs’ or ‘offer the wrench monkey in the bike shop a pack of digestives and he’ll hand over a dozen sp40 end caps whilst chewing on his own earlobe’ from some of those other magazines.

superfinlay
    Free Member

Yeah, Goodridge Terry – with aid of calpol syringe. Harris installed 12″ from TV, the other two and Tanya snoozing in their pits, coffee going down, shakedown quickie over millstone this morning before Easter bunny hunt.

superfinlay
    Free Member

Jonba – Having spent most of my teenage years growing up in and around Angus Bike Chain in Arbroath, I guess Ive lived that myth over the years – we probably took Steve for granted at times, as if he and the shop were our own. It was a very special time in several youngsters’ lives and no other LBS really has a chance, so I guess I’m extremely biased – sorry EBS….was still a rip off though!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ditto on abc without a doubt.

hora
    Free Member

People actually shop at EBC?

superfinlay
    Free Member

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r94fuzcksc1yco1/Photo%2031-03-2013%2011%2011%2006%20%281%29.jpg

I was a bit optimistic with the conditions today, first ride on the hummer, but nothing fell off and didn’t even have to use the Allen keys once…

superfinlay
    Free Member

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Rip-off?’ is closed to new replies.