Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RIP my aged klein attitude can it be lifetime warrantied??
  • innit_gareth
    Free Member

My klein eventually gave in to a life of hardship last night and cracked around the bottom bracket / chainstay.

The bike is 9 yrs old (and was a replacement for a previously cracked klein attitude). Seems a long time – but does have a lifetime warranty….

Does anyone have any relatively recent experience of a warranty on a klein frame. I can't find the receipt either and bonthrone bikes, whom I bought it from, can't trace back sales more than 3 years.

Cheers

akira

Had a guy warranty a Klein frame quite recently, can't remember if he had proof of purchase or not though, get someone to give Trek a call and see what they say.

coatesy
    Free Member

Whilst Trek have been pretty faultless with any warranty issues we've had, they have been pretty insistant on proof of purchase being shown.
    Also, don't know how Trek play this one, but lifetime doesn't always mean that, often just being what could reasonably expected of the frame.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

My old man eventually got a frame replaced without proof of purchase but it took some persuading and a willing/helpful LBS to talk to Trek on his behalf. It was a late 90s Mantra Pro frame that cracked and got it replaced (in about 05/06) with a new brand new Palomino frame.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

they have been pretty insistant on proof of purchase being shown

That doesn't have to be a reciept though. Bank statement will be enough….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That only applies to your statutory rights (1year)

After that they'r perfectly entitled to have clauses written in that only owners who present them with a recipt, a monkey and a 300 word essay on why Garry Fishers beard is better than Heinz tomato soup can qualify for a warrenty replacement.

trekcol
    Free Member

Innit, if you can find the proof of purchase from the store, or a credit card/bank statement showing the transaction, then Trek will be happy to inspect the frame. Be aware the

w

owners of Bonthrone are not the same business as nine years ago, so i doubt they can assist.

Happy Hunting!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RIP my aged klein attitude can it be lifetime warrantied??’ is closed to new replies.