Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • RIP John McAleese
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Sorry, let me clarify for you. You said
    You have NO IDEA what else he did, why and for whom
    and then you said
    how exactly do the SAS defend my freedom of speech then? By shooting people who want to take it away?
    to which the answer, as you must already know, is: we don’t know.

Deary me you have got yourself in a twist about this haven’t you. My comment about shooting people was a question, denoted by a question mark, thus: ? Whatever the SAS do, I suspect it doesn’t involve feather dusters. What do you think?

Whatever it is though, it seems to work – you, for instance, are able to spit on it without fear of arrest and torture.

Jingoism again. Biggest threat to stability in the uk is the disaffected youth of our cities, wouldn’t you say?

Houns

You sad, sad pathetic ****

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

And because, unlike the IRA, the SAS had to (at the very least) pay lip service to the law… 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I suppose, by not going in and taking the Provos out, they were defending free speech as well.

djglover
    Free Member

What Honus said

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What Honus said

If you and Honus could just name and shame the pathetic ****…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Biggest threat to stability in the uk is the disaffected youth of our cities, wouldn’t you say?

No.

jruk
    Free Member

Yossarian – if you hate the UK so much, you could always piss off somewhere lovely like Iran or North Korea. Or even China, they have a really interesting human rights policy. The UK ain’t perfect, but I’m bloody grateful I was born here.

yossarian
    Free Member

Well what is it then woppit? Do tell.

Yossarian – if you hate the UK so much, you could always piss off somewhere lovely like Iran or North Korea. Or even China, they have a really interesting human rights policy. The UK ain’t perfect, but I’m bloody grateful I was born here.

How on earth can you mistake being honest about my country with hating it? Very very silly. Try again please.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Yossarian – if you hate the UK so much, you could always piss off somewhere lovely like Iran or North Korea. Or even China, they have a really interesting human rights policy. The UK ain’t perfect, but I’m bloody grateful I was born here

How does a dislike of UK foriegn policy equate to a dislike of the UK? Could you explain that? I’m finding it difficult to see the connection you are making.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yossarian, start your own thread for handwringers. Leave this one.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

How does a dislike of UK foriegn policy equate to a dislike of the UK?

The one is part of the other, and helps maintain it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I disagree completely, may be how things work, but that doesn’t necessarily need to be the case.

yossarian
    Free Member

Yossarian, start your own thread for handwringers. Leave this one.

Do you command me? 😆

This thread has deviated away it’s intended path. Apart from you and me, it’s been fairly civil.

Utter nonsense

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I missed the “please”
    🙂
    Sorry!

hora
    Free Member

Anyway RIP.

yossarian
    Free Member

No problem captain 😉

Now then woppit, you haven’t come up with a good reason why I should be chucked in the tower or deported for disliking the way that my country behaves. Can you hurry up please?

althepal

Jeezo, you can have a big debate about whether or not we should have the Sas, the army, nuclear weapons, whatever! At the end of the day, all the above have helped defend our country against various enemies, either domestic or foreign.. I’m not a big fan of celebrating the sacrifice of the “glorious” dead or any shite like that but the guy did the job in front of him the best he could, and lives were directly saved as a result.
    For that, I think the guy (and others) deserve respect.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Now then woppit, you haven’t come up with a good reason why I should be chucked in the tower or deported for disliking the way that my country behaves

That’s because there isn’t one. You’re entitled. Good, isn’t it?

yossarian
    Free Member

That’s because there isn’t one. You’re entitled. Good, isn’t it?

But apparently I hate the uk, according to you…everyone who dislikes britain’s behaviour hates the uk? The enemy within? Cone on woppit, tell me how disliking foreign policy makes me a hater. I want to change and you hold the key.

wheelz
    Free Member

A very courageous man no doubt, but an instrument of war and a bringer of suffering nevertheless.

I think the 25 hostages freed by the actions of John McAleese and his colleagues on 5 May 1980 would disagree with you about the “bringer of suffering” comment.

Actually, a double tap from a H&K MP5K doesn’t leave much time for suffering…

Mantastic
    Free Member

I was fortunate to work with Mac for a number of years, he was a true leader amougst men. Also a true gent. Reading through the list of posts here clearly indicates to me that most of you are clueless as to the true achievements of this man.

Just be thankful there are people around us just like him.

RIP Mac

MrSmith
    Free Member

Biggest threat to stability in the uk is the disaffected youth of our cities, wouldn’t you say?

no. banks, politicians, media owners and big corporate businesses.

seosamh77
    Free Member

but the guy did the job in front of him the best he could, and lives were directly saved as a result.
    For that, I think the guy (and others) deserve respect

That’s quite a one sided view though. Many innocent lives would have been lost as a result of the job in front of him and others, is that acceptable?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

But apparently I hate the uk, according to you..

Nope.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Stand down Mac.

Now go grab a wet with Frank and Nish.

Was an hounour to meet you fella.

kimbers

idolising someone because they are good at killing people isnt good

idolising someone because they they are willing to risk their life to save others is

(im not sure that adds anything to the discussion)

yossarian
    Free Member

But woppit….

Mr Woppit – Member
    How does a dislike of UK foriegn policy equate to a dislike of the UK?
    POSTED 27 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You said it my love.

Edit: Actually forget it, I’m bored of watching you flounder. Your argument is bobbins and doesn’t warrant this much attention.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Titanium balls. A true twentieth century hero. Went for selection was selected and did a very tough job. RIP Mac.

Edric64
    Free Member

Whats wrong with being good at killing people?

RIP to a hero

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Now go grab a wet with Frank and Nish.

Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long while… Have heard some tales about him from those “who were there” that truly make your hair curl!

I think the party in Valhalla will be going on till the early hours 😉

scraprider
    Free Member

Whoo Stampy feet moment from the normal contenders.

RIP Mac.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Another of his “mates ” was also buried this last week. Dad went to the funeral. Lots of very quiet men there who cleared off quickly he said.
    We need more of that type.

deviant
    Free Member

Gosh there are some people on here who really do over analyse things.

The world can be an unpleasant place, human nature has shown itself to be incredibly destructive over the years.

With this in mind i am more than happy with the UK having an aggressive foreign policy and mounting various foreign escapades to effect regime change that favours the UK or to secure oil supplies….its a dog eat dog world and i sleep like a baby knowing that the UK government is usually quite happy to crap on a weaker country in order to maintain this status quo.

Back to the original post, RIP McAleese….men of his ilk are awesome, totally unencumbered by the wishy washy morals the rest of us fret over.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Gosh there are some people on here who really do over analyse things.

The world can be an unpleasant place, human nature has shown itself to be incredibly destructive over the years.

With this in mind i am more than happy with the UK having an aggressive foreign policy and mounting various foreign escapades to effect regime change that favours the UK or to secure oil supplies….its a dog eat dog world and i sleep like a baby knowing that the UK government is usually quite happy to crap on a weaker country in order to maintain this status quo.

Back to the original post, RIP McAleese….men of his ilk are awesome, totally unencumbered by the wishy washy morals the rest of us fret over.bit of honesty at last. Now I wonder why our leaders don’t market it in this way…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

quite happy to crap on a weaker country

Whose inhabitants tend to want to kill easier targets here to return the favour.

Classic STW tough guy stuff though. Have a biscuit.

deviant
    Free Member

No tough guy here, i’d shit myself if conscription was ever introduced….just perfectly comfortable with having a government and armed forces that do this kind of thing so i can get on with enjoying myself.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tough guy by proxy then.

Where will all the tough guy stuff stop I wonder?

Woody
    Free Member

Reading through the list of posts here clearly indicates to me that most of you are clueless as to the true achievements of this man.

Very true but it still won’t prevent the clueless turdballs trying to be clever and score entirely meaningless points in their sad little keyboard hero world.

The man undoubtedly earned and deserves respect. RIP

grum
    Free Member

At least you’re honest about it unlike our government and the vast majority of people – I personally find it pretty abhorrent though and wish we could be more like eg Scandinavian countries that seem to generally keep themselves to themselves.

The guy was clearly very good at his job but I’m not sure why we should be celebrating it – seems to be a lot of testosterone floating about in this thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘RIP John McAleese’ is closed to new replies.