Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • RIP Bruce Forsyth
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Knew it had to come but still gutted. Rip brucie

SaxonRider

Never had much interest in him, but his passing is certainly poignant.

May he rest in peace.

IHN

He had a good game, good game

Rockape63
    Free Member

Awww no! Yeah he’d been in bad shape for a while but another icon from all my life has gone. He used to make me laugh so much on Play your Cards Right…very funny and talented guy. RIP

IHN

It’ll take age to get the coffin in the ground

Lower!

Higher!

Lower!

theotherjonv

Oh – class act.

Guess how old he was…..

(IHN has beaten me to it, sort of)

Too soon? I don’t think he’d think so….

geetee1972
    Free Member

This thread will run and run.

It will be a saga.

It will be The Forsyth Saga.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No Brucie Bonus then ??

Good solid entertainer from the old school days of entertainment. There really ought to be more of his kind around these days, shame there isn’t. Great dancer in his youth, stylish and had some great moves.

Rest well, rest in peace.

voodoo_chile

He’s been on my celebrity death list for years …. only tarbuck now !!

scotroutes

Joe Cocker will surely go first?

spekkie
    Free Member

He certainly was a character.

RIP Bruce.

Kryton57

Wow, like many I’ll have watched Bruce since I was a child, he’s an institution. RIP Bruce, very sad.

scotroutes

I met him once – in a restaurant in Puerto Banus. There was no fuss or drama that he was there and he just fitted into the background, having a meal with his wife and family. He seemed very humble I guess? It was several years ago and I did think he looked A LOT older in person than on TV.

jekkyl

Nice to see ya, to see ya ….. no more. RIP Bruce.

voodoo_chile

Is Joe cocker dead ??

IHN

If he’s cremated, I hope someone puts a cuddly toy on the belt…

feed

Bruce Forsyth dying, jaysus, he didn’t see that coming.

Bunnyhop

The perfect all round performer/entertainer.
    He’s had a good life.

RIP. Sir Bruce

Kryton57

s Joe cocker dead ??

Don’t be ridiculous.

aracer
    Free Member

I think he’d be enjoying it – I don’t see why we have to be all sombre when somebody dies having lived life to the full to a good old age – didn’t he do well?

jekkyl

he’s had 3 wives and 6 kids!! – 89 years old at death. What a grand old life.

avdave2

And on the conveyor belt tonight…..

Bregante

89 though… Didn’t he do well!

nbt

🙁

So sad. Great guy. Best entertainment.

RustySpanner

Anyone fancy a fondue?
    😐

spacemonkey

One of a kind.

Had a feeling he wouldn’t hang around long after being pulled from the box.

RIP fella.

wallop

Bregante 😆

mooman
    Free Member

He was always on the TV for as long back as I can remember.
    One of the few tv celebs I enjoyed watching.

Rip

P-Jay
    Free Member

Proper old school song and dance man, natural born entertainer and whist I don’t want to dirty the thread – never came up next to the world ‘yewtree’ which is pretty remarkable given he was in is prime in the 70s

eddiebaby
    Free Member

HIs death isn’t going to change my life – I’ve not had a TV for most of the last 40 years – but Brucie was always there. Even if was just going round to visit Mum and she’d have Strictly on.
    It’s like someone has come in and changed the wallpaper and you know something has subtly altered but you dont know what.
    He’s had a great life and is one of the blokes I’ve never heard a bad thing about, so well done Mr F, you gave a lot of folk a lot of pleasure.

DickBarton

Never followed him and really didn’t get him myself…however, he was a household name and there are many people who really enjoyed his entertainment. Sad to hear he has passed away, nonetheless.

shermer75
    Free Member

Just read that his first appearance was 1939, which would make his career about as long as tv itself wouldn’t it?!?!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The age of the “showman” is slowly dying. The performer who could sing, dance, tell jokes, act. Well, everything, really.

jamj1974

I was praying that the clown with orange skin and shite hair would die but I meant Trump not Brucie…

Seriously though, Bruce was just a massive part of most of our lives. For me it’s the Saturday night entertainment that reminds me of nights at home with Mum and Dad – good times…

The Generation Game and Play Your Cards Right,
    when you look back, both had some dodgy bits of sexism – but it was a different time… What they had most though was that feeling of inviting someone into your home – that uncle with he bad jokes that you still laughed at even though they made you cringe.

RIP Bruce. You will be missed.

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    newrobdob
    Free Member

Bloke on R4 this morning said it just right – he didn’t want to be famous, he just wanted to be an entertainer and worked very hard at it. He was always very surprised he had been so successful – more people could have that sort of outlook!!

monkeyboyjc

the media seemed to have it gunning for him for months – BBC ‘tribute’ programme last night of prerecorded celb’s talking about him in the past tense (blatantly recorded at least a year ago), papers this morning have ‘special issues’ (Daily Mail specifically). its a little out of taste for me.
    Personally he was one of those TV personalities i just didn’t get, id try to avoid watching, but my wife and family LOVED him.

LeeW

It is sad he’s died, he bought so much joy to millions of people’s lives.

Ive just watched the clip of him at Glastonbury. The jokes are as old as the hills but they’re completely innocent, no one, not even the professionally offended could take offence.

They still made me giggle.

I don’t think we’re ever going to his his like again. RIP Bruce Forsyth, and thank you.

redthunder
    Free Member
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the media seemed to have it gunning for him for months – BBC ‘tribute’ programme last night of prerecorded celb’s talking about him in the past tense (blatantly recorded at least a year ago), papers this morning have ‘special issues’ (Daily Mail specifically). its a little out of taste for me

Not sure “gunning” is the right term, but most media will keep rolling obit material for ageing celebs, royals etc and periodically update them so they have an article ready to go when the inevitable happens. You could think it slightly ghoulish but they’re just doing background work on a predictable story. T’other half’s dad worked at the Beeb and accidently took home the “death of the queen mum” tape about 10 years before she died…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘RIP Bruce Forsyth’ is closed to new replies.