• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mmb.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ringwood best bitter, Dorset beer local advice required
  • rOcKeTdOg

Is lovely after a long dusty ride around Dorset 🙂

What else local should I try?

BigGraham
    Free Member

Ringwood 49er for me, some of the Piddle brewery ones are nice too lots of micro brews down this way too

cycle-to-work
    Free Member

Boondoggle

tomhughes46

I want to try Lemony Cricket, before I write it off, but on the whole I think Badger Beers are best avoided…

luke
    Free Member

Ringwood's in Hampshire.
    A nice pint of Chesil from Dorset Brewing company or Palmers Copper ale are always good.
    At this years Big Bike Bash there will be 3 Dorset ales, one of which is Chesil. The other 2 from Art Brew and Dorset microbrewery.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Head (Just a little) North to Wiltshire and try some HopBack Summer Lightning. That is all.

rOcKeTdOg

i'm not in Hampshire, thanks for the geography lesson though 😉

i'll be in Northumberland when the BBB is on

had lemony snicket before whilst in Wareham, nothing to write home about, was expecting more lemon tang but it failed to deliver

luke
    Free Member

Lemoney cricket seems to suit smokers taste buds more than non somkers, or that was what we found when I used to work in a Hall and Woodhouse pub.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Ok this is not helpful at all but I had a (few) awesome pint(s) of ale in The South Western in Southampton which I'm sure were from a Dorset brewery, I thought that there was a ship on the badge and Purbeck in the name but can't find anything that rings a bell on Google. 🙁

mmb
    Free Member

i think ctznsmith is referring to a lovely pint known as shipwrecked or possibly studland bay shipwrecked which is brewed by isle of purbeck brewery at the bankes arms in studland near old harry, they also brew one called solar power and i think there's another but can't remember!.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ringwood best bitter, Dorset beer local advice required’ is closed to new replies.