Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rim Damage
  • mrh86

Also during todays crash my rear rim got damaged (see pictures below). Can this sort of damage just be "knocked out" or is it going to need a new rim?

Cheers

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Adjustable spanner or molegrips (protect rim with with a layer of thick card), clamp on , bend straight. If the rim cracks, new rim, if not, keep riding.

jackal
    Free Member

It'll be fine.
    As above, straighten as best you can and keep riding it until it breaks…

😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

As above, protect rim with card/thick cloth and get a nice snug fit with your adjustable wrench, bend straight. Make sure you bend it at the same point it bent originally – ie dont bend it half way up the braking surface or you'll end up with a mess.

XC_PK
    Free Member

I did the same to my Swiss Cheeses too. I cried to Hope and they rebuilt it on a new rim (top chaps, as always) I have found running wider tyres stops the dents.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Also you'll want to check for radial flatspotting.

Entonox
    Free Member

I've never damaged a rim as much as my 5.1s – destroyed them. I'll never get them again, anyway…
    What I found works well was to get a big strong flat bladed screw driver under the rim edge and prise it back up using the other rim edge as the fulcrum. Your experience may differ 🙂

Cheers

mrh86

Cheers for all the replies. I managed to get it looking a little better and took it to the LBS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rim Damage’ is closed to new replies.