Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rigid Forks – specific requirements!
  • ravingdave

Hi all,

anyone know where I can get a rigid 29er fork with a straight steerer and a2c of 520mm (to replace 120mm travel sus fork) and ideally a 15mm through axle?

can swap to QR if necessary just need new front wheel…

cheers

BillOddie

That seems overly long.

Surly Karate Monkey for is designed to replace a 100mm travel fork and is 468mm a to c.

Krampus fork is 483 so that would work with a fatter front tyre to keep the HA a bit slacker.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

http://www.titanproduct.com/ I got a specific fork made by these guys 200 quid imported

lovewookie

That is a long fork.
    Longest I’ve seen commonly available are Charge rigids, come in just about 500mm A-C, but QR only.

most 29er forks are anything up to 485mm. for a sagged 120mm ish fork.

lovewookie

on ebay
    there you go.

dovebiker

Titan Product or Waltly Titanium both make custom ti forks – they did me a 5″ width fatbike fork with 15mm T/A for expedition use as its a bit too flexy for trail use – a 520mm ti fork would be really ‘twangy’

ravingdave

cheers guys; I measured it without sitting on the bike last version Voodoo Bizango; so best to measure with sag included. thanks for the responses so far. meant to say it is replacing a knackered suntour fork on a commuter; so looking to save weight as well, ideally carbon?

oh and it’ll be converted to ss to get even more weight off.

Clink

Bontrager Bowie is 15mm and 490 a-to-c.

woody2000

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&c=43&p=1760&tb=001

Straight steerer, 15mm thru, 490mm long

scotroutes

No need. Sag will normally be around 20% of travel. 20% of 120mm is 24mm so just subtract 24mm from your original measurement. That’s 496mm. Anything in the 485-490 range will be fine.

ravingdave

perfect.

thanks Clink, Woody and all! maybe my requirements aren’t so specific after all! I couldn’t find one anywhere…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rigid Forks – specific requirements!’ is closed to new replies.