Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rigid Fork options 400mm A to C, disc
  • Clong
    Free Member

Replacing the brakes on the wifes Dew Deluxe and noticed that the disc mount is incorrect. Looked at modifying it but, there’s not enough material to safely drill new mount holes. So what are the options? They are currently project 2, but not been able to find those, the only forks i have found with similar dimensions are the On one pompino forks (390mm A to C).

cynic-al
    Free Member

the disc mount is incorrect

FraserHughes
    Free Member

+1 to Al’s comment. Incorrect how?

In answer to your actual question though there are a few options here:

Carbon Cycles

Rorschach
    Free Member

I know someone who can stick you one on 😉

Clong
    Free Member

Its wrong as in the lower is mount is too high, meaning the rear of the caliper is held to far away from the axle centre. The disc pad only contacts with half of the rotor. Its odd, as i initially thought it was a set up thing, but closer inspection shows that its the lower mount on the wrong position, the top one is fine.

Rorschach, are you offering to weld a new mount on or you have a fork for sale?

avdave2

or you have a fork for sale?

I think you’ll find it’s a spoon rather than a fork.

Not sure if I’m reading this right but would a larger rotor help.

Stoner
    Free Member

UR doin it rong.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sounds ilke you are using the wrong mount.

It’s be a collosal (sp) error for the mount to be wrong, specially when it’s part of the dropout, as it is IIRC on P2s?

Stoner
    Free Member

what caliper are you using? Does it have a mount attached to it (say like a BB7)?

“The disc pad only contacts with half of the rotor”
    sounds like 180mm mount for a 160mm rotor = 10mm misalignment at the rotor circumference.

Clong
    Free Member

Its a shimano caliper, 160mm mount (mounted the correct way up)on a 160 rotor. Tried it with a 180mm set up, same thing. The brakes were removed complete from an existing bike, which had no such issue. The brakes that were on the Dew had the same problem. Basically, the front of the pad looks like it contacts fine, but the rear of the pad doesn’t contact the rotor at all.

cynic-al
    Free Member

pics?

The brakes that were on the Dew had the same problem

From new? You rode it like that?

IA

def. a 160 front mount? Cos a rear 160 mount on the front will be +20.

Again pics, unlikely to be a wrong mount, surely?!

Clong
    Free Member

Not handy cynic-al. As far as i can see the mount is welded separately to the drop out. Ive got two other bikes with P2 on, and the lower mount is in a diffent postion to those, however the other forks are 29er, not that it will many any difference.

Wife rides it, she barely uses the front brake and i only noticed when i saw uneven wear on the rotor, the lower 5mm of the rotor wasnt worn at all.

Defo a front mount too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair dos…just seems really bizarre.

1kcove
    Free Member

You say your wife rides it, is’t that the bike you rode the entire length of SDW on? 🙄

curlie467
    Free Member

Which model shimano caliper, which rotor and which mount.

On some of the shimano ones, M595 for example, they need a certain mount and rotor specific to that model.
    Before anyone calls me on this, i had a terrible time setting them up until i found out about it.

It all does sound a bit odd though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rigid Fork options 400mm A to C, disc’ is closed to new replies.