Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rigid fork for Trans AM 29er
  • funkmasterp

I’ve been thinking about winterising my Trans AM and was wondering if anybody can recommend a rigid fork, steel or carbon that would work well with the frame? I’m also thinking of converting it to singlespeed for a few months. Any fork recommendations or cheap ways to go SS appreciated 🙂

Stedlocks
    Free Member

I used a surly ECR fork when I was trying to convert to a 29+ front end, but I also used an orange F7 steel fork from a 26″ wheeled bike….it was fantastic on the front, sharpened the handling and lowered the front end, and made the thing fly!

superstu
    Free Member

That F7 looks great. Didn’t realise they did disc brake versions

thepodge
    Free Member

Rigid on a Trans Am! It should be a hanging offence, they are for big forks and hard riding.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Ha!
    It’s sold now, but a good few of it’s KOM’s remain ;0)

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m just jealous, I’ve wanted a Trans Am for a long time but it’s too close to what I already have to justify building one.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

I loved mine…it was my first 29er that I bought after test riding an el mariachi.
    I then got a deal on a spearfish, and ended up with a trek stache 29+ on the cycle to work, so couldn’t justify it…..

funkmasterp

Thanks guys. Know what though mean regarding rigid fork being wrong, but alas I can’t currently afford two bikes. This means the beloved Trans is going to have to pull double duty and be used for commuting to work over winter. Only other option would be to sell the Trans and get an adventure bike. Love the Trans though, even if I don’t get out properly on it much at the moment. Sadly it’s mainly getting used for commuting, bridleways, towpath and short local blasts In and around the woods 🙁

scandal42
    Free Member

Single speed is proper shit in winter in my experience, seems less maintenance but wait until you can’t get much rear wheel grip in the slop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rigid fork for Trans AM 29er’ is closed to new replies.