Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Right, what do you do after a ride…?
  • petesam
    Free Member

Ok, so i go for a 3 hour fast club run on a saturday morning, and then tend to spend the rest of the day pretty much knocked out. In true competitive spirit, i want to find out if other people actually do stuff apart from having a shower, eating various renditions of lunch and sitting about doing sweet FA (which is what i do) and therefore whether i need to step up my game?

gtkid
    Free Member

Not long back from 3 hour mtb, have had lunch, will now have shower then will need to take dogs for 1 hour hike, then go visiting in the hospital, then to the pub with friends. You have made me feel so much better, i always thought I was unfit and lazy cos I will be knackered by bed time tonight! Cheers!

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

stop off at the pub for a pint or 2 usually.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Depends if you just sit about and do nowt, or not. If you have a little rest, then carry on doing stuff, you probably won’t feel so tired. If you just flop, and don’t stimulate your body much, you will feel more zapped. Strange, I know.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from a two and a half hour ride on the Quantocks, normally I wash the bike straight away but I was a bit cold and wet so its shower, put kit in to washer, clean bike and if I get time pop into the LBS to see if they have any bargains. Then its an early night for me as I was at work all night, I haven’t been to bed since yesterday afternoon and I have to be up for work at six in the morning 😯

petesam
    Free Member

Ah, so turns out i’m a bit of a pansy…damn. Looks like i’m going to have to schedule in a couple of pints, find some dogs to walk, wash my bike, and nip down the LBS to catch up! Game on…

bunnerscj
    Free Member

cake !

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Torq recovery drink, shower, clean out the chicken shed!!

carlos
    Free Member

Depends.

After a night ride, get back around 22:00, give the bike a quick swill, wash kit, shower, beer and maybe half to an hr of TV then bed.

After a weekend ride, wash bike, wash kit, shower do stuff you’d normally do like wash the cars, visit family/friends, walk dog or whatever the Mrs wants to do.

Carl

Flaperon

Shower -> Food -> Sweet FA

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mid-week night ride

Wash bike down, dry off with chamois, re-lube, put away, shower, forgoodness shake, bed & sleep within 10 minutes.

weekend ride

Today had a 4 hour ride round and about the locality, stopped in at a cafe, had cake & hot chocolate, washed bike, rode home, showered, lunch, footie all afternoon 8)

knottie8
    Free Member

shower , upload pics and sleep.

uplink
    Free Member

Usually do ~3 hrs on a Saturday morning

Home > dinner > clean & lube bike > shower > sofa+TV+sleep > tea > beer > curry > sleep

In-between tea & beer at the moment

Saturday is indeed a day made in heaven 🙂

MinishMan
    Free Member

I really lose the motivation to clean and lube my bike after an evening / night ride, but this morn got the bike out and chain was covered in rust from thusdays ride.

Spent most of the afternoon getting chain off, cleaning it, losing powerlink,having to buy another powerlink, and putting it back on 😆

Must clean bike more 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

depends on the weather, but if its sunny ill go out for a quick spin mid afternoon to stop everything feeling a bit dead the next day.

MrNutt
    Free Member

collapse, cry like a little girl, drag myself to bed on my stomach where I rock myself to sleep whilst sobbing into my pillow.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Right, what do you do after a ride…?’ is closed to new replies.