Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Right that's it….
  • DT78
    Free Member

I've had it with trying to wedge a 3 litre bladder into my camelbak mule, every single time it is a right faff and I end up getting hacked off.

Any recommendations for a pack that fits a 3 litre bladder, a topeak morph pump and waterproof jacket in the main section without being a complete pita, oh and not weigh a ton.

*rant over*

mikey74
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

dakine nomad

oxnop
    Free Member

Dakine nomad?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

snap, snap

dt5714
    Free Member

TNF Hammerhead is god-uses the same bladder as the Dakine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lezyne at Wiggle

I got mine for £25 when they were offer 😀

So far so good, needed a new mini pump so was a bit of a bargain!

Houns

My Camelbak Mule

allthepies
    Free Member

Mule is a faff +1

Crag
    Free Member

Dakine Drafter

singlespeedstu

A Wignut does all that with the added bonus of having a cock n ball look.

Bregante

Dakine Apex

Kevevs
    Free Member

at the mo, just open yer gob. There's endless wet stuff coming outta the friggin sky.

Drink yer own piss?

Jamie
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad.

aracer
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a pack that fits a 3 litre bladder, a topeak morph pump and waterproof jacket in the main section without being a complete pita, oh and not weigh a ton.

Well 3L of water weighs a ton (figuratively). Do you really need to carry that much?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Drink yer own piss?

It can help treat Psoriasis, if you bathe in it, apparently.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tak 1.5 litres and stop at a pub to top up.

james
    Free Member

Don't put the jacket in the main compartment, put it in the middle mesh seciton instead and make sure the straps are tight enough that it won't fall out?

coogan
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why do you need 3l? Are you going to be out in the desert for a long day?

Northwind

I am… confused. I've taken 3 litres (fluid for 2), all my kit, food for 2 and a bulky waterproof in my Mule without the slightest bit of difficulty. I much prefer my Chaos, mind, so I barely use the Mule but tbh if you find it troublesome I think you'll find the same of pretty much any pack.

igm

I have a Camelbak HAWG that ain't don't anything at the moment…

psling
    Free Member

Put a plastic carrier bag in the bladder sleeve; the bladder will slide into that better than if you'd used KY 😯

KT1973
    Free Member

I have the mule NV and it's fits waterproof, multi-tool, 2 x tubes, tyre levers, jelly babies and 3x snickers, phone, pump and 3L no probs

hitman
    Free Member

not sure if anyone else has said this but you need to empty them you'll have all other things then put the full bladder in the main compartment, then stash all your stuff on top – should be no problem

DT78
    Free Member

Maybe there are different size mules? Mines an '07

I have to basically undo all of the straps, unzip main compartment and then try to ram the 3 litre bladder into the back compartment, after I get it in there and use slightly unnecessary force to do the zip up the back panel is all bulging out and not that comfortable.

I'll try the plastic bag tip thanks, and I already have to use the mesh outer pocket for the jacket, with a full bladder all I can fit in the main compartment is a pump and 2 inner tubes.

RE posts about how much water I *need* to carry that isn't really the point but to answer I find I get through 3 litres in around 4 hours riding. Plus most of my riding is at weekends after I've had a few drinks the night before so I start a bit underhydrated.

Will take a look at the dakine nomad to…

funkynick

I use the TNF Megamouth, which easily takes 3L of water, and will take a waterproof and much more… doesn't weigh a ton either. I find the bladders in the TNF stuff better than the Camelbak, and the bite vales are good with the little magnet to stick it to the chest strap… very good idea that.

But, if I was buying a new hydration pack today I'd probably go for one of the new Osprey packs, had a look at them in Biketreks the other day and they are rather nice, and very light too… pricey mind..

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I’ve been using a cambak mule for longer then I can remember & while I don’t fill it full that often I’ve never had any problems carrying all the stuff I need for a full day ride

Keep looking at new ones but TBH there nowt wrong with the one I’ve got and its at least 10 years old – used 3-4 times weekly 12 months of the year – probably on of the best pieces of kit I’ve ever used

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

dakine nomad here. love it.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Or just don't take a jacket, be a man!

As for the 3litres.. that's a lot. As said before, could always top up somewhere if you need to.

pinches
    Free Member

Take a look at the new Osprey hydration packs, knock the spots off camelbaks

kiwijohn

Macpac Kahu 18, for winter & big days out. Lobo for summer. No point having less than a 3L bladder, you don't have to fill it up unless you're going long.

aracer
    Free Member

I find I get through 3 litres in around 4 hours riding.

Blimey – I don't think I could manage to drink that much in 4 hours riding if I tried. Maybe it's easier if you're not riding hard continuously (as I always seem to), but then if you're not doing that then how much trouble is it to stop and top up (from a stream if you're not going past any pubs etc.)? Despite doing events far, far longer than 4 hours I've only ever once or twice carried more than 2l of water (for urban events in the heat when I wasn't sure where I'd be able to get clean water, and was also carrying some for a teammate) – have always topped up from a stream for 7 hours of Polaris or similar things.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Right that's it….’ is closed to new replies.