Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Right, so I made a 2nd video…..
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

And it's not great but please bear with me…

This is my 2nd go. I used an old Canon mv630 which is a miniDV camera. I realise I need a tripod to steady the shot and a ide angle camera would be a lot better but I'm looking for advice on how to gain better picture quality etc. I simply left it on all the auto settings and this is probably my forst mistake, but as I said I am a complete beginner at this. I'm doing it as my legs are knackered and I can't ride so am taking the kids down and meeting up with mates and want to do something other than stand about like a plum.

All advice/criticism is warmly received. I want to make my next effort better…

Thanks

tthew

I like it. Simple, and you can tell everyone is having a hoot. Child tthew wants to know what the second track on the music is please.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Thanks, I'm pretty wobly with the camera. Sometimes due to not being too good, sometimes due to laughing haha!

The song is Queens of the Stoneage – never say never. Brilliant band, pity they don't play anymore…

tthew

QOTSA eh?, I'd have thought I'd have recognised them. Thanks for the heads up.

Pigface
    Free Member

I tought it was Janes Addiction 😳 looks like loads of fun.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

It is Janes Addiction – Just Because.

tthew

No, that's the first track. I knew that one myself!

MartynS

I'm not sure you can improve the quality much.. the light in those places is rubbish and lower end DV cams don't look to good in low light, so I'd make a virtue of it..
    There's a lot of wide shots, try to pick up details, pedal turns, faces, wheels, it helps the edit. Also with movement try to allow thing to enter/leave frame, it allows you to keep the pace up when you're editing.
    Think about where you shoot from as well. Just try stuff.. what could possibly go wrong!!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Thanks Martyn, that's pretty much what I thought about the quality. Although I did the edit using windows movie maker. It's nice and simple but the qualitey definitely drops from the original. Still, it's quite good.

The camera does have other settings for low light so I'll try playing around with them. If I use it outside in natural light it looks quite good though so roll on spring…

MartynS

I suspect the low light settings will just add gain, so it will look grainy and be really hard to focus at the tight end of the lens. It is a good effort though, you can see the guys are having a laugh, so I guess that's the point really!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Right, so I made a 2nd video…..’ is closed to new replies.