Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Right of way sign theft
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

While out today came across a man(plastic cockney,all west ham shirt and cheap gold) and his missus(knock off von dutch clothing,bingo wings and saddle bags) walking their dog on a bridleway that forms part of my local loop nothing strange so far but under his arm was a very large square post which as i drew closer i noticed it was a ROW sign post.
    So i asked what he was planning on doing with said sign post he informed me that he was going to use it as a gate post in his garden,when i said that he should proberly put it back where he found it and tell the council that it had fallen down,he said that i should have sex and travel and waved said post at me.
    At this point i took his advice and went on my merry way as the post was very big and very pointy i did add when at a safe distance that i thought his parents had him out of wedlock, phoned the police when i could get a signal,surprise surprise they couldn't give a sh*t,should i inform the local ROW officer that one of his signs is missing.

retro83
    Free Member

well new bridleways are always welcome, especially if they run through a ****'s garden

redthunder
    Free Member

Relax.

On one of my Sustrans routes a bridge has been partially dismantled. Some chav must have a decking vision for his tower block abode.

Trimix
    Free Member

Actually, I hate the signs that litter the countryside. Yes, he was nicking it, but sod it. There are too many signs telling us what we should be or shouldnt be doing.

Shame about the coppers not giving a toss though. Theft is theft – whats the point in law if its not upheld. I need a new fence, perhaps I ought to make it out of footpath signposts…………mmmm.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Bridleway signs? That's an English thing, right?

Smee
    Free Member

no – you get them in scotland too.

singlespeedstu

Get a big **** off horse and ride across his garden.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Smee – there is no such thing as a bridleway in Scotland

samuri
    Free Member

Someone drove into a footpath sign a few miles away from ours. The men came to put a new one there and presumably, having run out of footpath signs, put a bridleway sign there. Sweet, instant upgrade. Not that made it made any difference you understand.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Right of way sign theft’ is closed to new replies.