Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • riding with the lurgy.
  • andybrad

Got a pass out tonight but also got manflu.

Do i ride or not?

Hohum
    Free Member

Yes.

However, don’t ride as hard as normal in case you pull the bug further down into your chest and give yourself a chest infection.

Yak

No.
    I am on day 6 of manflu and there is no way I am riding. Well I rode at kiddie pace last night, but that was mostly stopping and talking. There is no way I could actually ride, nor would I want too as I want to get better asap.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Below the neck, only ride if you have to, but at very low intensity. If you can avoid, do so.

Above the neck, ride but don’t go mad trying for KOMs.

I’m getting sick of lurgy, mild chest infection just under two weeks ago put a spanner in the fitness training, it went after a few days but was followed up by a head cold. Done some gentle hill climbing,~7000 feet since Sunday, trying not to go above zone3 heartrate to a greater extent. So far not feeling too bad today, might try some hills a bit later when/if rain stops.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Riding for fun = Yes,
    Riding for ‘training’ = No.

DrP

I’m on week 3 of the lurgy..have ridden twice – once off road, once on… each time like a wheezy bag of phlegm.
    Horrible!!

DrP

gallowayboy

You’ll only know when you get out there – i dragged myself out on Monday evening feeling a bit poorly, it was fine. On the other hand i’ve gone out before feeling the same and turned round after 10 minutes totally whacked.
    Give it a go….

windyg
    Free Member

Week 2 of the lurgy for me.
    20miles offroad on Sun seemed to help clear it a bit, did 13miles on the rollers monday just try and sweat it out a bit.
    Maybe felt a bit more tired than normal but I havn’t gone silly.

andybrad

didnt die, result!

onlysteel
    Free Member

Currently off work with pneumonia. Not sure I could manage the 400m walk to the paper shop at the moment. Spectacular phlegm tho’.

tenfoot

Ive had it for 3 weeks now, not helped by a 130 mile charity road ride in the middle . I got fed up with the constant hacking, so went to the docs, who told me it had gone to my chest. I’m now on anti-biotics, feeling much better, and am going for an easy ride this weekend.

daviek

Did you get the pass from your other half with the hope you wouldn’t go?

They can be sneaky that way!

Yak

A week of lurgy now. Getting to the point where I NEED to go and buy a new tyre. That’ll fix it.

andybrad

daviek – Member
    Did you get the pass from your other half with the hope you wouldn’t go?

They can be sneaky that way!

yes! 🙁

barney
    Free Member

I rode with a cold in my twenties once. Got viral myocarditis, atrial arrhythmia and a week in a hospital cardiac ward…

just sayin’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘riding with the lurgy.’ is closed to new replies.