Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Riding to Inverie
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Anyone pedalled in to Inverie in Knoydart? Google satellite images show what is probably a track which I assume is an estate road. Ideally something less manicured than that would be good but not 20 miles of carrying through bogs.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Couple of years ago I C2C’ed with Inverie as the destination. Don’t believe a word google images show. The road around Loch Arkaig is fine, then you hit the estate road which you secretly hope is going to carry you all the way, but sadly it doesn’t and you fork right over a stile/fence and into a 5-10k hike a bike. Don’t get me wrong, it’s one of the finest hike a bikes’ ever.

On the plus side theres Sourlies Bothy on the sea loch which is fantastic, with a nice descent down into it. Waking up to sea eagles and wild deer in the area is awe inspiring. The final climb over the top is also hike a bike, and, depending on time of year, can also be tick infested. You get a great descent down into Inverie, and can celebrate at The Old Forge with some real ale and seafood.

I would say Spean Bridge to Inverie IS possible in a day, but I’d start early-it’s fairly heavy on the hiking. You’ll be getting a local boat back across to Mallaig in the evening unless you’re staying in Inverie which I would suggest booking in advance. HTH

13thfloormonk

I think Kinlochhourne to Inverie is the most bikeable route, although I’ve never actually done it I know several on here have. From Barrisdale to Inverie is basically landrover track from what I could see when I passed through Barrisdale Bay en route to Ladhar Bheinne.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Riding to Inverie’ is closed to new replies.