Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Riding to be had near Liverpool?
  • hunta

Going to be at the in-laws’ this weekend, and have the option of taking the bike. It’s always struck me as a fairly flat neck of the woods… am I missing something? Anything good within say about half an hour of Crosby?

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Asked a similar question a few weeks ago whilst in Southport. Rivington Pike was suggested, I ended up in Llandegla only an 1.5 hrs away.

Garry_Lager

Mountain biking there’s nowt lad. And I mean nowt. Cross bike is OK on the sus trans paths – you could go up the coastal path towards Southport then swing off onto the TPT inland and back towards N Liverpool – that sort of thing.

ourmaninthenorth

Take a road bike.

loddrik
    Free Member

Really is nothing here, delamere closest, Llandegla and Peaks next closest, followed by Gisburn. I have to drive to ride anywhere, although loads of stuff just over an hours drive away.

lipseal
    Free Member

That’s why I bought one of these Mukluk

timc
    Free Member

being from Crosby myself i can confirm as above, there is nothing. for a quick fix, Llandegla can be done in 1 hour’s drive, Rivi 45-50 mins, anything else worth travelling too over those is further still.

I would do LLandegla or a road ride if I were you, but the road rides out of crosby arnt great either tbh

ds3000
    Free Member

I agree with Llandegla as an option, it’s a great trail centre, the cafe is very appesling too. Otherwise you could get the train/drive to West Kirby and go on Calday Hill/Stapledon Woods/Thurstaston Hill, though can be infested with shouty dog walkers at peak canine defecation times.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Try contacting Leisure lakes Bikes at mere Brow , nr Tarleton (through southport, towards Preston, they used to hold a race series), not sure if they have some local riding (its about 15mins out of Southport), otherwise nearest place is as said, Rivington Pike

ricardo666
    Free Member

Yep I live here and the nearest is

Delamare, Llandegla and rivington

Few bits and bobs round billinge hill

elltell
    Free Member

I’m going to Llandegla at on Sat if you want to join me.

Early start, back early afternoon. I’m in Widnes.

Check out our group here, we are always sorting weekends away etc – http://www.facebook.com/groups/450495944968490/

Mackem

When I visit Birkenhead I just bomb down the motorway and ride at Lllandegla.

hunta

@elltell

I am unfit, old and slow. However your offer is why I hang out round here so thank you – enjoy your day 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Riding to be had near Liverpool?’ is closed to new replies.