Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding the Dyfi Enduro Route
  • trigrwoods
    Free Member

Hi, i am off to North Wales with a mate for a few days late next month where we plan to do the Snowdon horseshoe walk and have an uplift day at either Stiniog or Rev. I have also been looking for that perfect 20 mile(ish) ride for us to do that has a nice mix of techy natural tracks and man made trails with a bit of cheeky off piste thrown in which, ok is probably a tad unrealistic but i did wonder if the dyfi enduro route that was raced at the weekend would be rideable to the public or is it likely that some of the stages that were raced will be closed off. Any ideas or alternative routes that i could plug into my gps would be really appreciated.

oldejeans
    Free Member

the two Machynlleth stages were only accesible on the race weekend but the Dyfi forest is open and relatively easy to put something together, although you’d be looping around a fair bit to get your 20 miles in

nickjb
    Free Member

The 3 mach trails on the other side of river are very nice ( http://www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk/mach-maps/ ). Very natural trails and wild enough that you can pretty much ride anywhere. On the Dyfi forest side the climachx trail is a nice classic trail centre loop with and fantastic final descent (do that bit twice or 3 times if you want more)

trigrwoods
    Free Member

The Mach trails look interesting, ill def take a closer look at them. Any one of the three mach trails stand out from the others? Obviously mach 3 is the longest but in your opinion is it the best?

trigrwoods
    Free Member

A bump for the peeps that are home from work. Hoping that someone can recommend a good ‘enduro/ all mountain’ 🙄 type loop around the dyfi or North Wales area.
    Many Thanks.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Me and some pals did the Cli-machx Harder route a few weeks back, highly recommended. We’d done the Cli-machx route a few times but the off piste bits were a real highlight.

Cli-machx Harder

The forest is massive though and quite easy to lose your way.

trigrwoods
    Free Member

Thanks funky, ill have a proper look later but at a glance it looks like just the sort of thing im looking for.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve tried to follow a GPX of a Dyfi (gravity) enduro event before and it seems very easy to go astray due to the continual crossing over and some of the trail heads being a bit difficult to spot.

Worth a try, but be prepared to get lost,

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I’d recommend the flat tyres site. Some great routes on there.

postierich
    Free Member

The Dyfi route is not an enduro/all mountain route people on stupid fat bikes get round it!

trigrwoods
    Free Member

Im favouring the cli-machx harder and the mach 3 trail at the mo. I bet there is some really good riding around the dyfi forest if you have the time and local knowledge to link them up but unfortunately i dont. I will def have a good look at the flat tires site as i cant really find much that jumps out at me regarding riding in North Wales other than the obvious Snowdon descent and the bike parks. Maybe there is some natural/off piste riding around Coed y Brenin that can be linked up using their trails? Ill have to keep searching the web as im sure there must be some great trails to ride in those parts.

nickjb
    Free Member

Check out the Pont Scethin loop too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding the Dyfi Enduro Route’ is closed to new replies.