Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Riding the day after the night before – muscle soreness?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve got some very sore and achy muscles, mostly arm and leg but also groin. This came on Wednesday, got worse Thursday morning, then improved during the day (after 2 Ibuprofen) and bad again when I woke up this morning. The only thing I can attribute it to is riding on Sunday following a Saturday skinful. I felt fine whilst riding, it was certainly not a hard or long ride, but what else could it be? I don’t feel poorly per se, but I’ve not felt like this just from riding a bike ever, even after rides 3 or 4 times as long and hard.

Is this BIDOMS?* STW medical professionals, do your best to panic me 🙂

*Booze-induced delayed onset muscle soreness

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

No you are just getting old… 😆

stilltortoise
    Free Member

^ 😀

two words 😉

Drac

You have aching muscles. To quote Brexit “Get over it.”

stilltortoise
    Free Member

<Frantically F5ing to see if anyone has any useful comments. Is disappointed>

Seriously, I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this.

I ride road and MTB reasonably regularly. The ride on Sunday was only a 30 miler and not a desperately hilly one at that. It’s the kind of ride I’d knock out of an evening without breaking a sweat so why do I feel like I’ve been in a man-sized tumble dryer for 2 hours? Is it even anything to do with the bike ride or is it quite simply that the dehydration from the drinking session on the Saturday (admittedly a bigger session than usual) meant that even walking to the shops for a Lucozade would have caused me muscle soreness?

It’s not the first time I’ve done exercise hungover so just a bit surprised it’s hit me so hard this time.

scaredypants

aching muscles ?

50:50 in my mind, rhabdomyolysis or tetanus

scaredypants

… or all caused by pissed-dancing ?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

No dancing, but good suggestion 🙂

rhabdomyolysis or tetanus

@scaredypants that’s what I expected 😆

teamslug
    Free Member

Male testosterone fatigue uhl-anomaly

Otherwise known as MTFU.

fasthaggis

It’s just biorhythms init,the next phase you will be awesome.
    Try to tune any drinking in the future to your cycle. 😛 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

Cat AIDS.

hooli

The bad cat aids? surprised it hasn’t been mentioned already.

Edit ^^^ must type faster

cloudnine
    Free Member

How fit are you? Was the ride in question much longer and harder than normal?

Drac

Maybe you have a cold.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

then improved during the day (after 2 Ibuprofen)

Taking drugs for achy muscles 😯

MTFU

Go for a jog or a short bike ride, it should ease it off. If you feel like sh!t you have cat aids or a virus

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Was the ride in question much longer and harder than normal?

From OP

I’ve not felt like this just from riding a bike ever, even after rides 3 or 4 times as long and hard.

Not was I expecting sympathy for one minute 🙂 , but I’ve done lots of (much bigger/harder) bike rides recently and done lots of drinking, so neither are new experiences for me. The way my body has reacted this time is new though and *maybe* it’s because Saturday’s drinking was a much bigger session than usual. I had no uncomfortable or adverse effects whilst riding.

Just seeing if anyone else had combined a serious bit of boozing with a bike ride and had similar effects, or whether this is nowt to do with the drink and the ride.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Riding the day after the night before – muscle soreness?’ is closed to new replies.