Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding position and gaseous emmisions (farting content)
  • binners

I just thought I’d inquire about this to see if anyone else has this ‘issue’

I’ve recently returned to road bikes after many years. Now, when I’m out on the mountain bike its not unknown fro me to let rip the occasional quack or paaaaaarp, and maybe at times you wouldn’t want to be downwind of me, but on the road bike its ridiculous. While riding in this morning it was like I was being accompanied by someone constantly tearing a curtain.

I’m assuming this is the combination of the riding position and the ultra-rigid frame jiggling all the fart-bubbles about while I’m riding

Can anyone shed any light on this

j_me
    Free Member

It’s the smelleton effect

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Not specifically, however I know it takes an awful lot of concentration and face-pulling to chuff one out rolling along on the fixie. VERY difficult to pedal and fart at the same time.

Many’s the time I’ve got to a set of traffic lights and nearly blown myself over whilst trackstanding, then had to wait in the stench until the lights change.

Solo
    Free Member

You’re getting older and so therefore looser.

Also, your body might not be liking something you use to be able to eat / drink without any windy effect, when thee were yoonger.

I use to like drinking milk ***shudders*** but I can’t drink it now days, with one side effect being a bubbly belly.

nbt

poeple are looking at me funny now JonEdwards and my sides hurt. I recognise a lot of that even though I don’t ride fixed

RealMan
    Free Member

Could you attach a lighter to the back of the saddle, and hook it up to a cable/remote system on the handlebars, and then become the most awesome cyclist of all time?

wwaswas

hope this qualifies as work safe;

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding position and gaseous emmisions (farting content)’ is closed to new replies.