Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding one of my favourite trails tonight! PARKAMOOR :-)
  • tomaso
    Free Member

I’m really looking forward to heading out tonight for a night ride from the Coniston side of Parkamoor that will hopefully include all my favourite bits including the descent from Parkamoor to Satterthwaite and also the one back to the cars down to High Nibthwaite :mrgreen:

Big rocks a go go! Its good to be easily pleased and live near the Lakes. Don’t think I could go back to living far away from proper rocky trails d’arn south.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Where do you climb up? From between the bottom of hawkshead hill and Brantwood?

tomaso
    Free Member

We are starting from the car park near Water Park just north of High Nibthwaite village and will probably climb up the BW from High Nibthwaite onto Parkamoor or possibly do the road miles to Brantwood and up from the BW just that goes up throgh Lawson Park.
    Eitherway is a good challenging climb but I’d prefer not to do the road miles.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

one of my favourite trails

+1

Enjoy!

sumomatt
    Free Member

Rode it Sunday. Wild up on the top.

The track up to the Satterthwaite/ Grizedale fork, was a mud fest with some huge puddles!!

Great fun 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

Will try and avoid the Land Rover swallowing bogs on top of Parkamoor!

sumomatt
    Free Member

Yeah a fair few had just been made worse by the three Landies heading up !

mick_r

You could also gain height more quickly by pushing / carrying up the footpath that goes straight up from Parkamoor jetty. But then again, I also really like the Lawson Park climb (singlespeed….)

The whole area has been a favourite of mine since 1989 – which rather scarily means I’ve been riding mtbs for 25 years (eek!)

tomaso
    Free Member

Parkamoor wet than dry would describe tonight’s ride but bugger me sideways it was great!

postierich
    Free Member

yeah what ever!

tomaso
    Free Member

How is daytime telly Rich? 😉 Oh and you are down for a Kendal urban ride on April 9…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding one of my favourite trails tonight! PARKAMOOR :-)’ is closed to new replies.