Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding near Warminster
  • forge197
    Free Member

Got a potential free day tomorrow be nice to do a couple of hours XC riding.

Any pointers on where to head as it's not my home turf!!

My only thought at the moment is to explore around Longleat but if there are other options that would be good to hear.

alexonabike

I enjoy riding up and down the edge of the Plain, just go explore the bridal paths up and down the edge, then scoot around the Imber Perimeter Path to the woods above Erlestoke, east of Westbury and have a play on the DH tracks and the other trails in the woods. This is the home of the Set2Rise 12hr enduro.

forge197
    Free Member

That sounds good I drove over the plain earlier today and thought about a little venture over there. But wasn't sure if it would be worth it but sounds like there maybe some trail gold 🙂

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

I'll mail you a map around Longleat – hopefully you'll be able to make something out of that – or get up there tonight if you're available; Black Canon Collective do a ride from the pub in East Woodlands at 7pm (I think they still do over the summer anyway)
    Edit: Just looked – they're out on Tuesdays now.

The MoD came down a bit hard on us after Set2Rise – it is officially out of bounds to all – dog walkers, horses, moto-x, downhillers and us on MTB's; they are apparently going to be fencing off a large section.

forge197
    Free Member

Won't be able to make tonight if you send a map that would be great e-mail is in my profile.

Cheers

forge197
    Free Member

thanks Fuzzyfelt for the mails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Warminster’ is closed to new replies.