• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Si.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding near Perth / Edinburgh
  • astrozombies
    Free Member

I am staying half way between Perth and Edinburgh, and have 3 days of riding time starting tomorrow.

I’m after long tech descents so plan at the moment is to download GPX of the Peebles EWS and follow that tomorrow. Inners/Glentress best avoided on Sat/Sunday I think as the Scottish Open Enduro is on (don’t have an entry).

Can anyone recommend anywhere else nearby for riding on Sat/Sunday?

Cheers

househusband

If you’re halfway between Perth and Edinburgh that might put you somewhere along the M90 in Fife..? There are two very active mountain biking clubs in the area; the Mukyriderz (Glenrothes area) and Meedies club. Both ride in that area and I certainly know that the former have Sunday morning rides starting in Glenrothes and they’ll head up to the Lomond Hills – they stretch from Glenrothes over toward Kinross and there’s a fair amount of riding there. You’ll be able to get in touch with both through Facebook – assuming you are indeed on it.

There’s also Pitmedden just above Auchtermuchty.

astrozombies
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip, I’m staying in Kinross

househusband

LOL – I looked at the map and thought Kinross! There’s actually quite a good descent off the Lomond Hills within riding distance of Kinross – starts from Harperlees Reservoir and runs down the Glen Burn to the car park at Easter Gospetry.

I’ve just emailed you a PDF map of the area – OS at 50k.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Some good riding down Blairadam (just down the M90, Kelty exit) if you like mud and roots. Nice contrast to the Lomond hills too. I’ll email you a GPX…

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

In Perthshire you’ve got Comrie Croft which has a good selection of trails. Carron Valley is not too far, near Stirling, although it’s maybe not worth the drive. Fife’s very soggy at the moment, be ready for sloppy mud and slippy roots if you check out Blairadam.

mactheknife

Head a bit further north and get to Dunkeld. The riding there is immense. I can try and dig out a gpx of the second Enduro route for ya. Some of it might be tricky to find without a GPS route.

matt_outandabout

Get up Dumyat hill at Stirling – and down again.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heeQnBsnx2Y[/video]

Si
    Free Member

I stay in Kinross and should be about Sunday if you want a guide to the Dunkeld enduro trails for the day… Prepare for a big day out mind!!

If your after the tech you will find the Lomond Hills dull… not too mention piss wet through at the moment.

bigjim

don’t think inners is affected by the enduro this weekend

astrozombies
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, ended up getting an entry to the Enduro in the end. Won’t be long until we are up in Kinross again though as we have family there, so will check out the routes recommended.

Cheers for the offer si, maybe next time?

Si
    Free Member

Aye no worries… just bob us a mail when you’re next in town

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Perth / Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.