Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding near Bradford on Avon
  • SaxonRider

Just decided to go to my brother’s in Bradford on Avon tonight so that we can ride together tomorrow morning. Only thing is, he just moved there last week, and neither if us know anything about trails in the area. Can any locals on here give me some ideas or pointers please?

racefaceec90

i live in devizes so only know the k & a canal route,but chipps used to live in bradford on avon i think?

sorry i wasn’t much help was i 😳

SaxonRider

No, but at least you kept this on the front page!

awh
    Free Member

Next to BoA it’s nearly all cheeky trails, the best know is Brown’s Folly. Have a look for Pipehouse Lane, Midford and Twinhoe there are some good bridleway descents there. By the university, Landsdown and Charmy Down above Bath are good too. Hazelbury Manor near Box has bridleways and an old stone mine to play in.

awh
    Free Member

I think Chipps used to live above the Mace which is now the Co-Op if you want to make a pilgrimage 🙂

roger_mellie

Melksham based myself so I prob won’t be as useful as awh, but Shearwater near Longleat may be an option for current wetness. About 20 mins in the car from Bradford.
    Alternatively there maybe some useful suggestions here, which is also not about BOA 🙂 http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/just-moved-to-corsham-wiltshire

tinybits
    Free Member

Awh has it pretty much summed up. Have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Bradford on Avon’ is closed to new replies.