Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Riding like a fool in the rain and mud
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

What a great thing to do 🙂 headed up into the forest Sat lunchtime for the rain and ridiculous wind. Slippy, drifty, wet, sketchy riding with eyes full of mud. I haven't had so much fun on the bike in ages :mrgreen:

I love the randomness.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

with eyes full of mud

I tried a Crud Fast Fender at the weekend. No mud in the eyes at all. Very impressed!

Agree on the rest of it though!

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Sounds like my commute this morning….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have been known to ride in the wet and mud.

DezB
    Free Member

… in a cotton t-shirt. Crazy like-a fool. 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

That's the spirit! I find the worse the weather is, the more it calls me to get out and get destroyed.
    I can understand why some people put their bikes away after the summer. But they're really missing out on a whole world of stormy randomness.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I fitted a crud catcher on mine the other day and find it totally useless… Hopefully a full moto-x type will be better.

akira

Fell off twice and hit a tree at the weekend, excellent fun on new bike with slightly rubbish tyres.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Worst thing about this mornings commute was watching my clear shades get blown clean off my head and into a river… :o(

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Exclusive BBB cotton shirt!

ourmaninthenorth

Last time i rode my SS in "anger", was just such conditions. Ended up over my knees when riding through flooding where the river had burst its banks (knackered the BB in the process).

badnewz
    Free Member

I forgot how entirely bolloxed you get riding in the mud.

retro83
    Free Member

Had great fun on sat in storm and mini gale conditions. The forest was totally flooded but we ploughed on and had a right laugh.
    My friend mike was all over the place with his semislicks! Good effort on his part. The weird thing was that my frame had about a pint of water in it somehow afterwards…

robgarrioch

Once yer warmed up it's a great laugh. Bike / gear wear rate through the roof too, with all that washing, but it's worth it.

andywarner
    Free Member

yep you can't beat it. we went up dalby on thursday night and the rain was practically horizontal. it was great. my new army surplus waterproof trousers have arrived today so hopefully my nether regions will stay dry next time!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

So we are all agreed! Beautiful 8)

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Riding home in wet gear which has been sat in a locker festering all day, now that another matter…..

robbo1234biking

Looking forward to getting muddy tonight! Is going to be awful after all the rain over the weekend! Should be fun though.

robbo1234biking

Well had the night ride last night and was good fun – plenty of mud for sliding on and the mud tyres did their job as well!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cwm Carn yesterday. Pretty gruelling on the top as the wind kept blowing me off line. My main problem is that I can't see when my glasses get spattered in rain. If I ride with them off, the vision quality is poor, esp. in the low light. It was fine descending in the forest.

I always think that a little discomfort reminds you that you're alive.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The dark or sloppy claggy mud doesn't really do much for me. After 20+ years of commuting in it, the novelty's worn off a bit 🙂
    I do like the occasional big storm when you get completely drenched in about 10 seconds though 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

My main problem is that I can't see when my glasses get spattered in rain.

The number one reason I switched to contact lenses.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I always think that a little discomfort reminds you that you're alive.

Good point. Summertime is just too easy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I must have another try with contacts.

Nobby

I got hosed down with the bike after Sunday's ride 🙂

The sketchiness certainly makes any ride more interesting.

andywarner
    Free Member

i always try to hose down the bike and the kit i've been wearing as soon as i get back – that way the crap usually comes straight off.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Riding like a fool in the rain and mud’ is closed to new replies.