Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding in Tweed Valley this weekend?
  • Kahurangi

I have a day free this weekend and wondering if there’s any of you fine chaps or chapesses who I might be able to tag along with. I’m keen to find more stuff on the Golfie side, I’ve only ridden there on the last SES round practice day 😀

I’ll get the coffees in and promise to not hold you up too much if you don’t mind a random tagging along! I’m not a total gimp :P, just much prefer riding with others most of the time.

Northwind

I’ve not made any plans yet but a golfie trip might be on for saturday.

It’s actually really easy to navigate though, especially if you’ve ridden there before. Some of the trails are harder to find but you can knock off a day’s great riding basically by just riding up to 3G etc and riding those descents- nae spleens, new york new york, repeat offender, or go further up and do a wolf on the left or boner/waterworld on the right…

I can’t remember which SES was which; did you turn left at the reservoir, or go round the back of it and up to the right? Or both? I think they’ve done oldschool a couple of times, if you go further up that climb it takes you to jawbone/walk or burn which are fantastic.

Kahurangi

I’m sure I could navigate myself around for a massive day just in the golfie, having had a quick ride there and the use of heatmaps & trailforks. IIRC it was Repeat Offender and 3G that we took in, then Kitty Litter and a mixture of fun stuff on the Inners DH side.

It’s just that having had the benefit of a great riding crew the last few years I’m keen to find some folks in Scotlandshire who I can ride with occasionally 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jon, I’m meeting some mates at Golfie at 9 tomorrow, first time I’ve rode there but guys I’m riding with know it well, you’re more than welcome to join us. I’ll be in a rather camp duck egg blue transit connect, and riding an obsolete Turquoise SB66. 😀

Kahurangi

Gah, I should have kept an eye on this thread. Northwind’s offered a ride but a maybe. I’ll go with the better odds and aim to see you tomorrow. I’m in a jazz on a blue pivot. I’ll probably have to prop myself up with a cofffee to get started so you might catch me in the No 1. Peebles Rd cafe at 9:00!

Kahurangi

Actually no, won’t be riding with you Saturday, never mind.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Nobeer, you’ve never ridden golfie?! You’ll love it. The place has become a staple ride for those who love steep and tricky! Get down wolf of wall street 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Steep n muddy doesn’t really float my boat Dan, I like rocky trails. Golfie is a 2 hour drive for me, another 15 mins and I’m in Keswick, or even less time to a few munros.

rickon
    Free Member

Steep n muddy doesn’t really float my boat Dan

Better stay in the cafe then 😉

Seriously though, you’ll come away today a changed man, and be either loving the steep, or wanting to get better at the steep.

pottsathome
    Free Member

Waterworld if fairly stoney so you ll like that. If someone mentions no social be prepared for one hell of a push up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Tweed Valley this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.