Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding in Spain – Riding information
  • skiprat
    Free Member

My good ladies mum and dad have got their house back in Spain (long drawn out rental problem) and we can go out for our hols there. Its in the middle of some huge hills but the paths are not signed and its pretty epic out there.

The house is in Benablón, Caravaca de la Cruz, España. I was wondering if anyone had been out in this area and knew of anything in the area? I know its a big place but it would be great to get some info on the area.

Cheers

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I can go out there and keep an eye on the place for a while if you like? Sorry I don’t know the area.

poolman
    Free Member

hi I live in Spain but don’t know that area.

This year the local councils have signposted all the routes I cycle on, I thought it was only me who knew them.

Be prepared for lots of punctures as the rock is sharp.

Good luck

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers Poolman, thanks for that about the councils. We went out the other year and it was a bit hit and miss. One day was cracking and the next a load of dead ends. Guess we’re just hoping for a bit of help on where to start.

We asked at the local bike shop and got told go to the chain link fence, then ride where you like!! Its a bloody big hill behind the fence!!

joeegg
    Free Member

Drive down to the Sierra Espuna,south of Mula.
    The village of EL Berro is off the C3315 Pliego to Alhama road and its the best place to start your riding.
    There is a small campsite there with a big car park opposite.
    The cafe opposite the parking,Espuna bar,is excellent for tapas with a really friendly owner.
    The riding is great,and there is usually rides from the campsite on Tues,Thurs and Sat mornings at 10.
    Orange test prototypes there,with a strong connection to the village.
    No lifts so you will have to be fit,and routes vary from wide fire trails to virtually full on downhill stuff.
    On Saturdays between 11 and 1 the Cafe at Fuente del Hilo in the park is usually full of bikers,road and mtb.
    Just down the road from the cafe is the info centre with maps in the car park which can be used by walkers and bikers(no problem riding on established paths).The pena apartada route has a long fireroad climb with a fantastic descent.Ride it opposite direction to the board.
    The Espuna is mountain biking in mountains on a far bigger scale to any UK trail centres.

mogrim

Wikiloc is usually a good starting point:

http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/find.do?t=&d=&lfr=&lto=&src=&act=2%2C&q=benablon+caravaca

Access, as you’ve already found out, isn’t usually an issue: if the gate can be opened you can probably go through it. Just close it behind you!

skiprat
    Free Member

Thats great, thanks for the help you two.

Best start planning on getting out there now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Spain – Riding information’ is closed to new replies.