Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Riding in Pyrenees, Catalunya around Val D'Aran, anyone got any recommendations?
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just looking at this area for the Summer hols next year, good way of warding off the winter blues. Seems that this area has a good network of mountainbiking, especially centered on La Seu D'Urgell. Has anyone been?

ianv
    Free Member

La Seu D'Urgell is on the road in to andorra, great riding there.
    It is about 45 mins from La Molina. It was also the site of the Barcelona Olympics XC course. More like Cardagne than Val d'aran
    I think that the Val d'aran is a bit further to the west (over the boarder from Luchon). I have an article somewhere from a french mag, if you can read french i could try and scan it for you. It looked like a nice area.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer ian, I have since found some info from the Llieda website. Lots of riding signed but I was more interested in what it was really like, there seems to be a lot of out and back riding rather than circular routes, maybe the 3,000 metre peaks are a bit of a barrier.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Pyrenees, Catalunya around Val D'Aran, anyone got any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.