Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding in Llyn Peninsula
  • munkster
    Free Member

Got a week on the Llyn Peninsula (north side just down from Nefyn) booked for later in the year with Mrs M, and wondering whether to take CX or road bike. The only reason to take CX would be if there were some nice flat fire-road-type trundly trails around that way. If not, road bike it is!

To be honest, if it’s the latter, it may spell curtains for the CX since I just don’t use it. So look out on the classifieds if you’re after a Boardman CX Team with upgraded wheels! 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

No recommendations but have a week there coming up too so bookmarked 🙂 I’ll be taking the road bike.

SiB
    Free Member

As a regular visitor to the area I would recommend that you take your road bike due to lack of “CX trundly” trails……well I haven’t found them anyway, and there are some lovely quiet scenic roads. I prefer off road any day but there aint a lot of it in that area (but I would like to be corrected for future visits!)

mikeyp

Road. It’s very quiet. I’ve been to aberdaron a few times and done a 50mile loop mainly on the national cycle route over to nefyn. Apart from in nefyn we counted about 4 cars.

langylad
    Free Member

Beautiful area but very few trails. We go most years and I tend to drive the hour to CyB for an off road fix. Nice area for road cycling though with lots of quiet country lanes

munkster
    Free Member

Cool, that’s grand thanks. Who wants to buy a CX bike then?? 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Llyn Peninsula’ is closed to new replies.