Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riding in lanzarote?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Off for a week at easter with the outlaws and have an inkling that I might enjoy a day off riding if possible. Everything’s all booked so can’t take my own bike. Anything out there where you can hire and perhaps get a days riding in? Staying near Puerto del carmen I believe.

weeksy

Loads and loads mate. The riding isn’t great… but nice views, nice weather and rocky volcanic descents…. weird… very grippy even though very loose.

All the bikes I’ve hired there have been reverse brakes…. meaning I did have one massive over the bars moment once lol.

wait4me

I’m off there for a week from Sunday. Went about the same time last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m taking my road bike though. Nice empty roads, good climbs and surprisingly attractive scenery to the north of the island. It’s all a bit Brits abroad out there, but for nice warm riding where you don’t have to be a superhuman climber, it takes some beating.

rocketman
    Free Member

Was ‘kin freezing a couple of weeks ago 100% cloud cover and a stiff Northerly. Has been like that since Jan. Take some warm kit

wait4me

Yes noticed it hasn’t been great weather recently. Forecast is looking very promising so far so fingers crossed. I windsurf too, so if it’s blowing it’s not the end off the world. Mrs shivering whilst I’m out playing might be though.

alwillis

I’m heading out on Thursday for a week with the road bike. Hoping it warms up a bit, but even 15 degrees and windy is better than here!
    Never ridden off road there, but it looks ok- wide open volcanic landscape with a fair few quad bike style tracks. There is a stage race on the island in January- I think it’s based over on the la Santa side rather than out of PDC though.

weeksy

porter_jamie

We hired some bikes from Arrecife and they had BB7 brakes so you could swap them over easily.

The shop had decent trail maps of the whole island. pretty sure it was this lot

http://www.tommys-bikes.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Riding in lanzarote?’ is closed to new replies.