Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding in Cornwall??
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Right,

I’ve got a week here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=159233&y=30399&z=0&sv=TR13+9TG&st=2&pc=TR13+9TG&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf and wondered if any locals could reccomend some good riding in the area?? Could either take me Heckler/ CX/ or Road bike…

Would prefer to ride off road…

kaysee

The only place really Heckler worthy would be Poldice – plenty of choice there, but in a quite small area, so no long rides unless you join them up and know where you’re going. You may find small bits of riding in various woods, but it’s mostly footpaths rather than bridleways, and even then they rarely join up without lots of road sections.

The coastpath is very good riding, but it’s starting to get busy down here, and with so many walkers about it’s not worth bothering – save it for the dark winter months.

Lots of nice quiet roads for the road bike though…

tim41
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in Porthleven a few times, and whilst I’ve not ridden in the area, noticed plenty of bridleways around the Lizard. I’ve always thought it as an area with some potential for some fairly easy, non techy but scenic off road riding.

julianwilson
    Free Member

the new mbr (my mate’s copy, honest!!) has a most off road route nearby which takes in the only bit of ‘kosher’ coastal path near Mullion, that woud be a couple if miles from where you are staying. But the route itself didn’t sound completely fabulous. I stayed a couple of miles away last year without bikes and the lanes and coast are lovely though: if it was me i would take a road bike and ride for the coast roads and the views.

Christowkid
    Free Member

The lanes are nice to toddle round, plenty of steep down/up’s to get into the scenic villages and hamlets around the lizard. Nice for chilling…..
    Off road, not sure, but apparently is the county with the least no. of bridleways.
    I enjoyed some days away staying at mate’s and doing some lanes around Lizard, Falmouth etc.
    Q

Christowkid
    Free Member

Hah! Just clicked on your link!!!
    We used to camp at a nice site at Godolphin Cross, just by your arrow. The lanes are nice, odd bridleway, should be good now before all the grockles get down there.
    Q

trailmonkey

They’re not grockles in Cornwall, they’re emmits, or something like that.

Elsa
    Free Member

There’s a bike park near where you’ll be staying. It has doubles, table tops and a foam pit. Would be a good place to practice stuff. Heckler might be alright there.

My front page

Christowkid
    Free Member

TM: Yep Emmets they is, but they’m grockles passing through here!!!!
    😉
    Q

Christowkid
    Free Member

TM:
    ….listen
    shhh…..
    ( can you hear that????)
    it’s the M5 filling up for Easter.

PREPARE TO REPEL BOARDERS………..

all hand, all hands…… they’m cummin

( quickly dons wwII helemt and runs….. )

Roll on just past summer.
    Q

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Cornwall??’ is closed to new replies.