Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding fatter tires on the road – feels slow?
  • velosam
    Free Member

I have been riding my main bike with 32 M+ and have recently changed to 35mm hypers (given the price on planet x).

I was expected a much faster tire, and comparable to say my 25 durano pluses on the old racer.

However they dont feel as nice and a couple of times I thought I had a puncture on the rear when setting off, as they did not want to roll.

They are pumped up to around 70 on the rear, and the bike and I weigh about 92.

Is it me not being used to them or expecting too much?

cheers

somafunk

Check out the link below, it will explain why the hypers are slow and draggy

Btw : I also bought a pair of the hypers from Planet X at the start of the year, they are slow and lifeless so I gave them away.

https://janheine.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/wide-and-fast-tires/

epicyclo

This bit says it best:

Conclusion: To get the best performance, choose a high-performance tire. Then run that tire in the widest width you can fit on your bike to obtain the best comfort and puncture resistance.

velosam
    Free Member

Cheers for that. I dont find them much different to the M+ tbh.

robdob
    Free Member

Really you can’t compare 2 size tyres properly unless they are exactly the same model and only difference is width.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding fatter tires on the road – feels slow?’ is closed to new replies.